Finally first ride on a new TV - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By telemark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Finally first ride on a new TV

After buying brand new in November last year (big discount) I got the bike out for a first ride.

one minor item and two major items.....

First the minor item, do you need special bendy ankles to reach the bloody back brake?? I know for me this bike is totally different than anything I've ever ridden before, I've come from the Harley domain. However, I'm sure the angle of the brake is all wrong, or is it just me.....

Secondly, now I know I should have done a full check after winter, but the bike has been in a sealed temperature controlled bubble over the winter, no extreme temperatures. etc...But after my first ride, when going slow through traffic I noticed that the bike was getting a little hotter on the gauge than i thought it should have, although I have no reference, but it was getting above the half way mark. Don't forget this is break in time, so i have not gone over 5500 rpm. So when I got back I checked the coolant and its bone dry, there was zero liquid. Now I either have a serious leak, or they never put any in when they built the bike on delivery...

Third, the right indicator glass is cracked, so I'm sure it was delivered cracked as I've treated this bike like its the most precious item i own...

Besides all that, oh wow....what an amazing bike I can't wait to take it for longer outings....once it has coolant...

Last edited by telemark; 04-15-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:51 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by telemark View Post
I noticed that the bike was getting a little hotter on the gauge than i thought it should have, although I have no reference, but it was getting above the half way mark. Don't forget this is break in time, so i have not gone over 5500 rpm. So when I got back I checked the coolant and its bone dry, there was zero liquid. Now I either have a serious leak, or they never put any in when they built the bike on delivery...

Or they may have put some but without doing the full procedure to remove the bubbles. If you refer the workshop manual, the bike needs to be put with the front wheel higher than the rear wheel up to a inclination of 45° if I remember well. Basically if you don't have a lift table, it maybe quite difficult to achieve…

The workshop manual is accessible in one of the post of @Donsy.

Good luck and let us know about the resolution.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
The process for the 800 Triple is different and spelled out in the Workshop manual.

You certainly do not want to overfill the coolant as it will just piss out the overflow until the level is correct.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Last edited by silentservice703; 04-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 02:18 PM
MrG
Established Member

Quote:

First the minor item, do you need special bendy ankles to reach the bloody back brake?? I know for me this bike is totally different than anything I've ever ridden before, I've come from the Harley domain. However, I'm sure the angle of the brake is all wrong, or is it just me.....
Yes was the same for me but you can adjust the pedal position by removing the sprung clip around the rod and the adjust the height after loosening the 10mm nut ..Mine is now perfect
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Yes was the same for me but you can adjust the pedal position by removing the sprung clip around the rod and the adjust the height after loosening the 10mm nut ..Mine is now perfect
Going to have a go at that adjustment, I had a quick look earlier, but couldn't really see what to adjust. Looks bloody tight in there...
MrG and MrG like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 03:18 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Going to have a go at that adjustment, I had a quick look earlier, but couldn't really see what to adjust. Looks bloody tight in there...

Depending your own references, the adjustment might be slightly less than one can expect. I had to use some CNC Racing Pro levers and excentric foldable toe pegs to get the amount of adjustment needed in my case (the excentric toe peg gave me +-1cm compare to standard position).

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Depending your own references, the adjustment might be slightly less than one can expect. I had to use some CNC Racing Pro levers and excentric foldable toe pegs to get the amount of adjustment needed in my case (the excentric toe peg gave me +-1cm compare to standard position).
Thanks for that, but ouch on the 400 quid for the leavers and foldable toe pegs....That would be another part that gets ordered and put in the garage before the wife sees it......
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Basically, I think they didn't fill the coolant correctly when there bike was built. So it was topped up and then rechecked after a ride, the level looks good now...I suspect as was pointed out, they initially did it on the flat and there was some air in the system...

They are replacing the indicator glass, so all good...

Now to sort out the back brake..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:01 AM

A very much cheaper option to make the rear brake pedal more usable is to fix an 'extender'
http://wunderlich.sportouring.net/br...1?search=39780
http://www.nippynormans.com/f800rf80...rsst-all-years

Cosmetically this is not perfect but it makes a big difference from a practical usability perspective.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode