• 4 Post By Marko G.
  • 1 Post By Bumpkin
  • 2 Post By colinpp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
CNC Racing frame plugs for TV

Hi all! I just wanted to share this story to all who are thinking to purchase CNC frame plugs for TV.

I wanted to cover the frame holes on my 2016 TV, so I contacted kind people at Design Corse if I can order CNC Racing frame plugs kit for F3 and will they fit to TV.

Why would I order kit for F3? Well because I already have a crash bar in one of the holes so I don't need a set of 8 plugs but only 6. So in my communication with Design Corse we concluded that F3 will fit as the frame holes are the same in both models. I remember someone actually mentioned in one of the early posts in this forum that this will not fit, however I trusted the seller and ordered as advised.

Today I tried to install the plugs and to my disappointment it is not perfect fit. Actually, there is a big difference in hole size but also in the design so it is not something you can adjust.

Design corse contacted MV and it seams that there were two different frame designs for TV, and they both had different size frame holes and angles, however this was not clear to CNC Racing or neither did MV Agusta confirm this with other parts manufacturers or their dealers.

1. Same diameters as the F3 / Dragster / Brutale Models - CNC Racing made plugs for this frame
2. Updated Frame with slight changes to diameters and specs - CNC Racing do no make frame caps for this.

It looks like I own TV frame 2 type.

Now I will return the plugs back to Design corse for a refund but I just wanted to share this info, so that others be careful when buying frame plugs before trying. Design corse will update information when new design will be available.

I am sad now, I really liked the ones from CNC...

Turismo Veloce 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:44 AM

New Site Garage
It could have been me Marko. I have R&G crash bungs in the forward frame holes and thought the same so ordered the F3 set from R&G. The angled ones on the slash cut holes were fiddly to fit and I thought that they might fall out as they didn't seem that secure. Well some 7 thousand miles later and they're still in place with no issues.

I must have the earlier frame (MY16 - April). Didn't realise that there were two frames though the 2017 model did, I believe, have some changes to engine mounts to help with vibration/noise. Not that I perceive there to be a problem in this department with my bike.
Duc-Mike likes this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I purchased the CNC frame plugs for my Rivale from Design Corse. Six of the plugs fitted fine but the pair at the front near the radiators were loose and didnít fit. Design Corse chased up the supplier and I was told that two different suppliers made the trellis frames and one used slightly larger diameter tubing than the other. CNC supplied thicker rubber o rings to compensate for the larger diameter tubing on my bike. The new o rings worked a treat.
Marko G. and Marko G. like this.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi Colin! That was my intention at first but in my case the angles are also not correct. I could live with position B being off maybe 1mm in one corner (probably I would have to seal it somehow), but position A (top one) is completely off, much smaller diameter and different angle. Position C (the lowest one) is fine and fits perfectly.

Turismo Veloce 2016

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in