Brake Light Modulator? - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Brake Light Modulator?

Anyone installed a brake light modulator on their TV?
In particular this one: SupaBrake-3 MV-AGUSTA motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec *(corrected)*
Claims to be can-bus compatible, with plug & play connectors.
Main concern being: where on the TV to mount the unit?

There are (eBay) Chinese units for < $2.00 USD
Also there is Signal Dynamics Backoff XP BackOFF? XP Brake Light Module - Signal Dynamics
Had one of these on my Buell worked well.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Teeps; 03-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:01 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Anyone installed a brake light modulator on their TV?
In particular this one: https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...be-module/195/
Claims to be can-bus compatible, with plug & play connectors.
Main concern being: where on the TV to mount the unit?

There are (eBay) Chinese units for < $2.00 USD
Also there is Signal Dynamics Backoff XP BackOFF? XP Brake Light Module - Signal Dynamics
Had one of these on my Buell worked well.
Room might be too limited under the rear seat. Other option is to put it on the side rear fairings under the driver seat. Concern might be the length of the cables.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Room might be too limited under the rear seat. Other option is to put it on the side rear fairings under the driver seat. Concern might be the length of the cables.
Agree.
They should have just hard mounted the pillion seat and saved the expense of the latching hardware, for all the usable room there is under it.

OOPS! I goofed the first example it should be: SupaBrake-3 MV-AGUSTA motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec
I emailed them asking if they have a fitment for a TV.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 05:04 AM

New Site Garage
As per the size of the coin, it should fit under the rear seat. I would expect two superseal connector with 3or 4 pin, one male and one female to insert in between the oem connection and the tail light...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 12:49 PM

New Site Garage
Did you get an answer? I emailed them as well. There is no number associated with the business, but apparently Bernard is helpful.

Some of you know this story, but its worth repeating for safety's sake.

I was hit two years ago while sitting at a light. I went over the car with a nice back flip, breaking my back in two places. I was riding again in a week and have no lingering effects.

This light could have helped the illegal alien look past her cell phone and not send me to see St. Peter.

Get more or better lights, friends.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 07:28 AM

New Site Garage
Bernard asked that I send him a photo of the connector and said he did not have "fitment" for the TVL. I am not sure if it is the same for another MV model or specific to the TVL. I will break it apart at lunch and post photos here and to Bernard this evening or tomorrow morning.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys409 View Post
Did you get an answer? :
Not as of yet.

Still the main concern is where can the unit be placed?
I made a mock up with some foam poster board with the listed dimensions (actually about 1/8" thinner) and found there is no space under the pillion seat.
Plus the two connectors under the seat are not related to the brake light system.
Not sure where the brake light connector(s) are located, perhaps under the plastic cover below the pillion seat?
I prefer not cutting or splicing factory wires.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:19 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Not as of yet.

Still the main concern is where can the unit be placed?
I made a mock up with some foam poster board with the listed dimensions (actually about 1/8" thinner) and found there is no space under the pillion seat.
Plus the two connectors under the seat are not related to the brake light system.
Not sure where the brake light connector(s) are located, perhaps under the plastic cover below the pillion seat?
I prefer not cutting or splicing factory wires.
Connector of the light is as per my understanding a superseal connector with 3 contacts. It is easy to find, so should not be an issue to do the connection without cutting factory wires... The connector is located below the second layer of plastic from the top (the one below the space under the pillion seat). Should be room enough to put the box in there, as I suspect there is a bit more room in there to pass cables.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Connector of the light is as per my understanding a superseal connector with 3 contacts. It is easy to find, so should not be an issue to do the connection without cutting factory wires... The connector is located below the second layer of plastic from the top (the one below the space under the pillion seat). Should be room enough to put the box in there, as I suspect there is a bit more room in there to pass cables.
Agreed.
I need to take it apart and determine if the mock up will fit.
The other dilemma is the cost of the plug & play module vs Signal Dynamics vs the SuperBright Leds unit.
I can build plug&play connectors, if I knew who made the weather pack connectors and terminals.
This would cut the cost down considerably.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:08 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Agreed.
I need to take it apart and determine if the mock up will fit.
The other dilemma is the cost of the plug & play module vs Signal Dynamics vs the SuperBright Leds unit.
I can build plug&play connectors, if I knew who made the weather pack connectors and terminals.
This would cut the cost down considerably.
Check the number of pins (it's 3 or 4, not 100% sure). For the connectors and terminal, just do the search with "superseal" on amazon as this is the name of those.

Hope it helps.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode