Does this look any good? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Does this look any good?

Hi all, it's been about a year since I was on, and having test ridden a free different bikes since I rode the Turismo, I'm still coming back to mv
- it seems nobody else out there is offering that blend of style, power and comfort. I've also got a stradale and rivale in my crosshairs, but not sure how a 6'4 beast will fare on them.

Anyway, onto my point - I've been keeping an eye out for a good turismo in my price bracket (they all seem really expensive right now) and I just spotted this one:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282855132247

Sounds OK on paper, but aside from the terrible photos I'm not sure it's in the best condition? And check out those shoelaces - what's that all about??

Cheers all.

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
And check out those shoelaces - what's that all about??
I suspect this has replaced the orignal nylon cord that keep the dzus pin attached to the luggages and which is used to secure them on the bike... I remember @Bumpkin mentioned he has to do something for that on his bike. I suspect he is not alone, as per this picture...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:38 AM

New Site Garage
Looks good to me. Ask if the sprag and the clutch switch has been replaced. It may be a good negotiating point if it hasn't. Make an offer.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys409 View Post
Looks good to me. Ask if the sprag and the clutch switch has been replaced. It may be a good negotiating point if it hasn't. Make an offer.
Not sure sprag is really an issue on TV, compared to other bikes... However, it's important to check that software is up to date. And as for the clutch switch, it's only replaced when there is an issue, and unless you have the full history it will be difficult to know what has been replaced. For information, cost for the clutch switch is about 100€. And rather than trying to get the price down, I would prefer (at least if it was me buying) get a 3-6 month warranty: that is much better than a price reduction. That combined with usage during the warranty period will ensure you get value for the money you spend.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Established Member

Listing says the service history is available. Have you reviewed it yet?

Some of the pics show significant corrosion to the rotor fasteners, ABS ring, chain, ect..
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:26 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
I suspect this has replaced the orignal nylon cord that keep the dzus pin attached to the luggages and which is used to secure them on the bike... I remember @Bumpkin mentioned he has to do something for that on his bike. I suspect he is not alone, as per this picture...
You'll soon find out Marc, the Hydro Tre toasts the one on the right until it's solid and then it falls to pieces. A bit of thin para cord looks stock but hardens in time too, easy to replace though and only there to stop you loosing the dzus type fastener.

Looks OK TruffleShuffle, maybe ridden though winter judging by the minor corrosion. Check all LEDs are working in the indicators and that the service history is up to date. It'll be due one at 8,000 miles unless done on time rather than mileage, a minor service but still not that cheap at a franchised MV dealer. About £180 IIRC. Check the service record and see.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:30 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
You'll soon find out Marc, the Hydro Tre toasts the one on the right until it's solid and then it falls to pieces. A bit of thin para cord looks stock but hardens in time too, easy to replace though and only there to stop you loosing the dzus type fastener.

Looks OK TruffleShuffle, maybe ridden though winter judging by the minor corrosion. Check all LEDs are working in the indicators and that the service history is up to date. It'll be due one at 8,000 miles unless done on time rather than mileage, a minor service but still not that cheap at a franchised MV dealer. About £180 IIRC. Check the service record and see.
I'm considering to use the iron cable to secure that once the original cord will be toasted (just the same way as you would secure bolts on a track bike)...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the feedback all! Might be worth a look then. It sounds good, so I wonder if it looks worse than it really is - perhaps it just needs a really good tidy up. I've no probably with it being ridden in the winter as I'll be doing that anyway.

BTW, what's going on with prices? This is an almost identical bike (admittedly better looking) and it's over £2k more expensive! What gives?

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253432747284

Link might help...

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:30 PM

I have been talking to a number of dealers about trading my mint 2016 TVL 2200 miles and the best part ex price I can find is £8k, even at that price they are worried about giving a warranty to the next owner. I don’t want to think what the bike is worth as a cash sale. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode