11Likes
  • 17 Post By urdrvideo
  • 2 Post By MarcSilverTriple
  • 1 Post By urdrvideo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
The weather finally broke

The weather finally broke. The roads were dry, and the sun was shining so I took the TV on her maiden voyage.

Going from my 1200GS to my Multistrada I was amazed how much smaller, lighter and more powerful the Multistrada was.

The Turismo is even smaller. man this is a little bike. Not in a bad way, but it is very compact.

I think the bars are too high and too close for my liking. An inch or two lower and further forward would suit me better. Im looking into replacing the bar risers with a set of Multistrada units that look like they will fit.
I need to check the clearance of the hand guards in relation to the front fairing to make sure it all clears.

The motor, transmission and quick shifter are all brilliant. Even though I haven't revved past 6k RPM yet.

the bike isn't as brutal of a beast as the Multistradas are, and thats to be expected. I used to call the Ducati the Scalpel to my buddy's Anvil BMW. The Scalpel nomenclature now belongs to the spritely MV with the Ducati somewhere in-between .

I need to sort out my Givi Tanklock bag but I am getting mixed info on the proper part number (BF-02 or BF-05)

And for the love of God will someone come up with a elegant solution to running a top case. I don't even use saddlebags anymore (not that I could afford the ones from MV even if they could supply them)

Overall its a neat, and unique motorcycle that I had no business buying, and I truly did not need it.
At the same time I don't regret my purchase.
Attached Images

Last edited by urdrvideo; 01-23-2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: typo correction
The Following User Says Thank You to urdrvideo For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 03:49 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdrvideo View Post
I think the bars are too high and too close for my liking. An inch or two lower and further forward would suit me better. Im looking into replacing the bar risers with a set of Multistrada units that look like they will fit.
I need to check the clearance of the hand guards in relation to the front fairing to make sure it all clears.
You may also need to check the clearance on the tank side... as it is quite narrow between the lower attachement and the tank when the handlebar is turned (I would say 1 cm)...
Gero HH and Gero HH like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 12:13 PM

"I think the bars are too high and too close for my liking. An inch or two lower and further forward would suit me better. Im looking into replacing the bar risers with a set of Multistrada units that look like they will fit.
I need to check the clearance of the hand guards in relation to the front fairing to make sure it all clears."

i am wanting to do the exact same thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I bought a second hand set of Multistrada Bar mount to give a try with. should be here in a few days.
Ive put about 200 miles on the bike now and the bar position doesn't irritate me as much as it did at first, but I want to try moving the setup anyway.
Duc-Mike likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 08:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdrvideo View Post
I bought a second hand set of Multistrada Bar mount to give a try with. should be here in a few days.
Ive put about 200 miles on the bike now and the bar position doesn't irritate me as much as it did at first, but I want to try moving the setup anyway.
Looking forward for your experience. I remember to have check tank clearance and front clearance when I got the bike, having in mind the fact I'd like to put the handlebar a little bit lower and a little bit more in front: that was a no go due to the lack of clearance...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode