Questions? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Bumpkin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Questions?

Has anyone removed the "X" that blocks the fuel hole?
&
How do you turn off the speed limiter?
That function is dangerous, as it is placed before cruise control function...
&
When adjusting the chain should the rear suspension be at one "G" or full droop?

Last edited by Teeps; 01-14-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 01:01 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Has anyone removed the "X" that blocks the fuel hole?
&
How do you turn off the speed limiter?
That function is dangerous, as it is placed before cruise control function...
&
When adjusting the chain should the rear suspension be at one "G" or full droop?

Speed limiter : it's either speed limiter or cruise control. While the cruise control disable itself by pressing brakes, the speed limiter need to be disabled manually (basically, the same way it was set: long press on the button if my memory is correct). But basically, I almost never use it, as the way it works is not really efficient (it actually starts to act about 15 km/h before the speed cap). And for the cruise control, I only found use for it on highways, where I almost never go...
Adjusting the chain tension : wheel on the ground, not on the central stand, with your normal preload. You may have a look to the manual :-)

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 02:39 AM

New Site Garage
Teeps, did your bike come with the paper owners handbook and maintenance booklet. If not you can download these from my server here.

The full chassis workshop manual from here courtesy of Donsy of this parish. For the engine manual download the 'B3, 675, 800 and Rivale' one here (follow links to Donsy's site and scroll down), as there isn't a TV one available.
apelsinelise and apelsinelise like this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Speed limiter : it's either speed limiter or cruise control. While the cruise control disable itself by pressing brakes,
the speed limiter need to be disabled manually (basically, the same way it was set: long press on the button if my memory is correct).

Adjusting the chain tension : wheel on the ground, not on the central stand, with your normal preload. You may have a look to the manual :-)
Thanks.
Yesterday I engaged the speed limiter just to see what goes on and the only way I could disengage it was by cycling the ignition the key.

Wheels on the ground, so the rear suspension loaded at one "G", thanks.

I'm not a stranger to adjusting chains as I was a moto mechanic back in the day.
But, it's been close to 20 years since I last had to fiddle with chain adjustment.
I was not sure and the manual is not really clear as to the proper bike setup for the adjustment procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Teeps, did your bike come with the paper owners handbook and maintenance booklet. If not you can download these from my server here.

The full chassis workshop manual from here courtesy of Donsy of this parish. For the engine manual download the 'B3, 675, 800 and Rivale' one here (follow links to Donsy's site and scroll down), as there isn't a TV one available.
Thank Bumpkin.
I did get a printed owner's manual, and have downloaded the afore mentioned manuals.
They are far from comprehensive IMO...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode