Quickshifter dead, Cruisecontrol dead, rear & front signals in bubbles - MVAgusta.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quickshifter dead, Cruisecontrol dead, rear & front signals in bubbles

Hey guys,

So my 2015 TV is on 2800 km(around 1,6k miles), and I'm already having issues with infamous signals almost dead status under bubbles(I'm sure they'll die soon enough), quickshifter malfunction, a small oil leak in engine casing, no more cruise control (very, very rarely functioning).

I've already read almost all of these in these forums before I bought so I'm still not intimidated with these troubles, but just so you know, I understand any pre-2017 TV is experiencing at least some of these issues.

You'd need to choose the right TV visely, since it's true, unless it's the latest earlier TV's suck at some stuff.

I'm hoping to get all these sorted in a month or so from warranty.

Overdose Moto Garage

Last edited by Onuro; 12-26-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 01:37 PM

New Site Garage
hi,

Cruise control only works on the 6th gear. I actually thought mine was malfunctioning until I clearly understood that I have to be in 6th gear for it to work. And in reality, I don't use it much.

For the quickshifter, it maybe the quickshifter itself or the clutch sensor: is your small oil leak on the left side, near the clutch slave cylinder?

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Established Member

Second this.

My malfunctioning clutch sensor disabled quick shifter and caused hydraulic leak on the left side of the engine next to the clutch slave cylinder. Hydraulic leak in that area can be mistaken for an oil leak.

Replacing failed clutch sensor solves A LOT of issues with Turismo Veloce.
Marko G., Marko G., Onuro and 1 others like this.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
hi,

Cruise control only works on the 6th gear. I actually thought mine was malfunctioning until I clearly understood that I have to be in 6th gear for it to work. And in reality, I don't use it much.

For the quickshifter, it maybe the quickshifter itself or the clutch sensor: is your small oil leak on the left side, near the clutch slave cylinder?
If it may sound surprising, in the 1st day I bought, cruise control did actually work on all gears above 3rd. And I already remember from other posts that I need to be in 6th, cruise control no longer works in any gears at all(if by any chance by luck, for once it does work. no more).

I know from the Germany Motorrad Endurance test, the first thing they replaced on 2015 TV was the gearshift rod(including the sensor), that's how I kinda forced the dealer to replace it.

And yes, the leak is on the left side the slave cylinder.

Overdose Moto Garage
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Second this.

My malfunctioning clutch sensor disabled quick shifter and caused hydraulic leak on the left side of the engine next to the clutch slave cylinder. Hydraulic leak in that area can be mistaken for an oil leak.

Replacing failed clutch sensor solves A LOT of issues with Turismo Veloce.
Oh that's interesting. So that's why!

Overdose Moto Garage
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Established Member

Onuro, if your clutch sensor is leaking hydraulic fluid... be careful! Mine eventually dumped the entire contents of the hydraulic line rendering the clutch inoperable. This can easily leave you stranded on the side of the road.

If your clutch sensor is leaking get it replaced right away.

Dealers are aware of this problem and know what to do.
Onuro and Onuro like this.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Onuro, if your clutch sensor is leaking hydraulic fluid... be careful! Mine eventually dumped the entire contents of the hydraulic line rendering the clutch inoperable. This can easily leave you stranded on the side of the road.

If your clutch sensor is leaking get it replaced right away.

Dealers are aware of this problem and know what to do.
Wow that's serious. Thanks man. I in fact just fwded this exact message to my dealer. TY!!

Overdose Moto Garage
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:45 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onuro View Post
If it may sound surprising, in the 1st day I bought, cruise control did actually work on all gears above 3rd. And I already remember from other posts that I need to be in 6th, cruise control no longer works in any gears at all(if by any chance by luck, for once it does work. no more).

I know from the Germany Motorrad Endurance test, the first thing they replaced on 2015 TV was the gearshift rod(including the sensor), that's how I kinda forced the dealer to replace it.

And yes, the leak is on the left side the slave cylinder.
I would root to clutch sensor, and get it replaced, as other said...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 04:12 PM

New Site Garage
All my indicators failed, the rears filled with water and stopped working entirely. The fronts lost half their compliment of LEDs. Replaced under warranty but the rears filled with water again within a couple of weeks. Drilled 1mm holes in the bottom of the black plastic bodies on each side and they drained. No problems since and after 8000+ miles.

QS sensor failed and, as a result, the cruise control stopped working. Selling dealer procrastinated for ages and then went bust. New dealer replaced the sensor quickly and no issues since.
Onuro and Onuro like this.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 04:49 PM

On the fence whether to buy one; don't like seeing problems on such a new bike. But at least the failures are consistent. (saw similar pattern failures whilst working for Honda.)
Maybe it's part of the Italian ownership experience, and as long as the problems are sorted, it's all good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode