MV Tursimo Veloce 2016 - MVAgusta.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

MV Tursimo Veloce 2016

Not thinking about purchase anymore, as I bought one 6Jan18.

Thinking of getting one. I currently have a Buell Ulysses, so I'm used to quirky.
Question:
Would you buy another MV to replace your current ride?
What MPG are you guys seeing on your TVs?
Maintenance cost?
For DIY people what do you used for scanning the computer systems? Cost of scan tool and/or related apps?
And finally is there any advantage to getting a 2017 or 18 model over the 2016?

Thanks for your time!
Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Teeps; 02-03-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Come on guys help a brother out 29; and not a reply...
post #3 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 05:14 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Teeps, welcome.

Would certainly conisider another TVL, possibly a Brutale as a 2nd bike if I was feeling extravagant. Usually in it for the long term with bikes and my current 2016 will be with me for a while all being well.

Mid to high 40s in terms of MPG, that's running in touring mode. Drops to low 40s high 30s if in sports mode and being ridden hard. Touring is my default though.

My warranty expires in April and I'll be looking at DIY maintenance at this stage. Not sure if there's software publicly available. There is some mentioned on here but not sure if suitable for the TV ECU. Do a search.

There are refinements on the 2017 model; allegedly less engine/clutch noise and revised valve guides I believe. Had one on loan at a service and frankly didn't really notice a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Hi Teeps, welcome.

Would certainly conisider another TVL, possibly a Brutale as a 2nd bike if I was feeling extravagant. Usually in it for the long term with bikes and my current 2016 will be with me for a while all being well.

Mid to high 40s in terms of MPG, that's running in touring mode. Drops to low 40s high 30s if in sports mode and being ridden hard. Touring is my default though.

My warranty expires in April and I'll be looking at DIY maintenance at this stage. Not sure if there's software publicly available. There is some mentioned on here but not sure if suitable for the TV ECU. Do a search.

There are refinements on the 2017 model; allegedly less engine/clutch noise and revised valve guides I believe. Had one on loan at a service and frankly didn't really notice a difference.
Thanks for the reply.
I saw a MV Turismo Veloce on a dealer web site, and it struck me.
The TV is an upgrade in every way, performance wise, from the Ulysses.
Key feature in my book cruise control.
And that, you speak with no regrets, with regard to your MV, goes me a long way, confidence wise.
I've had the Buell for 11 years, if I get the MV, it will most likely be the last bike I will own.

Thanks again for taking the time to express your thoughts.
post #5 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 10:39 PM

New Site Garage
Please note that I use the cruise control rarely. To me it's a bit of a strange sensation on a bike for some reason. Not a stranger to CC on four wheels, the adaptive CC fitted to my MK2 VW Tiguan is superb. Please note that CC on the TVL only works in 6th gear, not really sure why as this limits its usefulness to high speed motorway use only.

The TV is a great overall package and has kudos due to it's relative uniqueness. Not without its flaws, failing indicators were a bane in the early days of my bike, all now replaced. Failed quick shifter sensor also took a while to get resolved. As part of the CC interlock circuit this disabled the CC function until it was sorted under warranty. Despite these minor issues I'm still enamoured with the bike.
MrG and MrG like this.

Last edited by Bumpkin; 12-25-2017 at 10:41 PM.
post #6 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi, couple of things it might be worth considering. Check out what updates/warranty work has already been done on the bike and look at getting as much warranty as you can from the shop. Don't read me wrong, whilst the bikes have been known to have issues and I have had a few with mine, I've done 12k miles and it has never let me down on my travels. MV have been superb on honouring warranty and even in the tough times my dealer has been able to get parts. I have no hesitation in recommending the TV, they are superb bikes and I'd expect the price of second hand ones should be very good.

If money wasn't an object, then I'd go for a new one. They have learned a lot and made a number of updates. Also they are apparently giving 3 yrs warranty now.

Enjoy!!

All the best

Dave
post #7 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

CC only works in 6th gear, disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

Good tip about warranty work, Dave. I will ask the dealer before I buy. However, the bike is a hold over 2016 model, so has zero miles.
Unless the afore mentioned part failures are covered by a Recall; the dealer cannot replace them unless they are failed. At least that has been my experience over the last 45 years in the industry.

Thanks again guys.
post #8 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Established Member

Don't test ride it: You'll buy it Sent you a PM.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Yes, I know what you mean.
If a motorcycle I'm considering gets past my spec sheet litmus test.
I really don't need a test drive before purchase.
Most of the 34 bikes I've owned over the years were purchased w/o a test ride.
post #10 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 01:56 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Ain't that the truth. Test rode a Multistrada and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. At the time I considered the Turismo a curiosity but thought I'd give at a go as my then local dealer was very encouraging. Within three miles on the TVL I knew that it the bike for me. Not as much outright grunt but such responsive and lithe handling, an exciting engine, all the tech you need and looks sensational. None of that has subsided in almost 2 years of ownership. Had a look at the new 2018 Multistrada, it left me cold, have still booked a test ride though.
sarje88 and sarje88 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode