Low seat option - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Low seat option

I have been looking at ways to lower the ride height on my MVTV as I have a 30" inside leg and I am very tiptoe at a stop which makes me feel insecure.

I have a Ducati Hyperstrada low edition which is great except I grind pegs and levers regularly and I am no Leon Camier! For this reason I am not keen on dropping the ride height via the suspension.

Upon further investigation I found a low seat option for 206, quite a lot to spend to lose 1cm but I did it anyway. It has definitely helped. Pictures attached.

I have also reduced the pre load to the manuals comfort settings as well as the rebound and compression, as it was in sport setup. The bike is far more comfortable to ride and is about 1cm lower overall. Both of these things have achieved my goal. Ideally I'd like the bike a little lower but it's no longer scary on cambered roads.

The seat too just a week to arrive at Cupar Motorcycles, very impressive. It's more comfortable than the original and looks great.

I hope this helps my fellow shorties out there.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 01:23 PM

New Site Garage
The low seat is also a comfort seat, I have the std. height comfort version. There's a gel insert under the cover which explains the extra comfort (and expense). Firm but you get off at the end of a day's ride without any arse ache. Having said that the original was pretty good as it was. Pleased with mine, also bought the comfort pillion pad, not that I carry a pillion, as it just looked right.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 05:41 PM

At 5'8'' and after 6 months of waiting for delivery, I gave up with the low seat option and cancelled the order. Had the 25mm lowering suspension linkage fitted and had my boots built up by about 20mm. Didn't drop the front forks at all, but had a real b*llocking off one dealer for "ruining what it took the factory 2 years to refine!". Handling still seems amazing to me though. Downside is that it can ground the centre stand on approach to my drive. Still taller than I would like. Damn it for being a short *rse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Established Member

After 3000+ miles I have sort of got used to height, as mentioned above I have no intention of lowering the bike but the seat option looks good. Is the cover of the lower seat less slippy than the standard one?

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:34 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin View Post
Is the cover of the lower seat less slippy than the standard one?
The comfort seats have an Alcantara top section (imitation suede, harder wearing and water resistant). Significantly gripper that the standard seat.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippyNelmo View Post
At 5'8'' and after 6 months of waiting for delivery, I gave up with the low seat option and cancelled the order. Had the 25mm lowering suspension linkage fitted and had my boots built up by about 20mm. Didn't drop the front forks at all, but had a real b*llocking off one dealer for "ruining what it took the factory 2 years to refine!". Handling still seems amazing to me though. Downside is that it can ground the centre stand on approach to my drive. Still taller than I would like. Damn it for being a short *rse!
I also have the lower seat option and lowered the rear 25mm. I did lowered the front 13mm to keep the suspension as close as possible to factory. I did tested a little with the front suspension as far as how much I lowered and found 13 was the sweet spot. After some time I lowered the rear 35mm and the front 17mm after some testing between 16 and 18mm and 17mm was the sweet spot for me.

2016 TVL
Las Vegas NV
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
The comfort seats have an Alcantara top section (imitation suede, harder wearing and water resistant). Significantly gripper that the standard seat.
Thanks, looks like I might invest in the lower seat and get the comfort pillion pad as well.

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llevero View Post
I also have the lower seat option and lowered the rear 25mm. I did lowered the front 13mm to keep the suspension as close as possible to factory. I did tested a little with the front suspension as far as how much I lowered and found 13 was the sweet spot. After some time I lowered the rear 35mm and the front 17mm after some testing between 16 and 18mm and 17mm was the sweet spot for me.
Thanks for sharing your findings.
I'll give the front forks change a go and see how it goes.
When I asked about dropping the front forks, the same dealer who gave me a lecture about "ruining the set-up", said 5mm maximum! I didn't bother at the time.

I forgot to add that dropping the rear 25mm makes the bike very difficult to get onto the centre stand. I've got around this by making a little wooden block 4"x3"x1" (100mm x 75mm x 25mm) with a piece of elastic attached to hold onto, altough string/chord would do. I place it against the rear wheel, pull the bike onto the centre stand, the wheel rides up the block and bingo! onto the stand with very little effort. I then push on the front to lift the rear wheel clear of the block, pull on the elastic and the block comes straight out.
Duc-Mike likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to NippyNelmo For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 02:48 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippyNelmo View Post
Thanks for sharing your findings.
I'll give the front forks change a go and see how it goes.
When I asked about dropping the front forks, the same dealer who gave me a lecture about "ruining the set-up", said 5mm maximum! I didn't bother at the time.

I forgot to add that dropping the rear 25mm makes the bike very difficult to get onto the centre stand. I've got around this by making a little wooden block 4"x3"x1" (100mm x 75mm x 25mm) with a piece of elastic attached to hold onto, altough string/chord would do. I place it against the rear wheel, pull the bike onto the centre stand, the wheel rides up the block and bingo! onto the stand with very little effort. I then push on the front to lift the rear wheel clear of the block, pull on the elastic and the block comes straight out.
Please show some picture. Thanks

I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 10:37 AM

New Site Garage
I'm 5'6" with a 27" inseam. Yes the TVL is a tall tall bike. When parking the bike I have to be extra cautious about where I am, and if I will be able to get it off the stand or control it once it is off the stand. That said, just a hair under 9,000 miles and I have no intention of lowering the seat, or the bike.

For the record, you usually want to ADD preload if you want the bike to sit lower.

Tags
lower, lowered, reduced ride height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode