Looking at a TVL, some questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Looking at a TVL, some questions

Hi
Been some years since I had an MV (used to have 910R brutale, 1078 brutale, F41000S). I currently have a 2015 Multistrada 1200S and am looking at something a bit lighter, more sports orientated.

I'm going to ride a TVL tomorrow and then if I like it, place an order for a 2017 TVL. Will let you know how that works out.

I don't see the application in the apple app store any more. This is a concern and I understand its the only way to tweak the suspension compression / rebound settings of the skyhook suspension. Does anyone know if there is any other way (i.e. by the dealers 'scan' tool etc), or if/when the app will resurface?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

looks like the app came back on the Australian store last night :-)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 12:16 AM

Hey Davman,
Did you get the TVL? I love everything about the bike, but from what I read, awaiting parts is a pain.

If I got one I'd have to get a decent tail bag, but most likely get a rack and top box fashioned, it seems like one may be coming soon, but in MV land that could in reality be never.

Really, a few years from release and no top box on a sport touring bike?

And I'd need the rear indicators re-located from day one, don't want to fuss around with them not working. I know, drill holes in the bottom may work, but in 2017 to have to do this?

Nearly bought a used 2015s Multistrada last month, with perfect top box, panniers, etc, the only reason not to was the weight, it has gone up too much for me, from my 1100 MTS. Pity.

And nowhere near the charisma of the TVL.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 12:42 AM

New Site Garage
Think of the investment in terms of buying into a bit of Italian performance exclusivity; it will make the long wait for spares and poorly designed bits far more bearable
As a former avid Duc fanboy and rider, I must say that while I still suffer from desmo twin sonic withdrawal symptoms, things are damn fine in MV land! Just need to come to terms about how well this bike goes without making half the noise!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan
Southern Norway
2014 flat-bar, naked F3-like thingy with mx-style rear
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

I got me a 2017 Lusso last Saturday, put 400 Km's on it and I like it! So much more nimble than the multi and surprisingly high on grunt. I find it superbly stable and secure on fast sweeping corners in a way the multi could never do. I just love the way 6th is usable right down to 2500 rpm, and it just drives out of it with no complaints! Multi would shudder its head off, but a twin is going to do that. All in all it's an awesome machine. Electronic suspension seems set up a bit strange. Can't really find a decent soft setting but need to play with the setting in the app. Bluetooth works surprisingly well compared to the multi (using it as a hub between phone and sena s20), and the app is great for tracking and logging rides. The multis app never worked for me. Fit and finish is much better than the multi, but overall I'm really liking this 3cyl motor. Only thing is the bike is very tall (I got the low seat), so really need to watch out in tight off camber turns and in stop start traffic.
Attached Images

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

A couple of times it asked for a PIN code when trying to restart. I'd cycle the ign and then the normal dash would come back and it would start. What's up with that?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davman View Post
A couple of times it asked for a PIN code when trying to restart. I'd cycle the ign and then the normal dash would come back and it would start. What's up with that?
Sometimes it can happen that it does not recognize the key. Like you say, cycle the ignition again and it should work. PIN code is located on the owner's card you got with the bike. You have to scratch it to get to the PIN. I keep it with me when I am travelling.
Congratulations on your new bike!

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Congratulations on your new Lusso. You've described all its attributes so well. It is also a really beautiful machine! I have a ivory white lusso and get appreciative comments from bikers and non bikers all the time. Enjoy
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Great bike . I also have a MY17 TVL .Let me know of you find a decent soft setting as I'm struggling.
Intend to visit a suspension set up firm armed with the app and hopefully sort it.
I get the PIN code code request now and again but recycle and all's fine.
I've ridden 1500 miles to date with zero problems . Typing this will no doubt invoke the law of Sod but cannot fault it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 05:27 PM

Mine too! Did it only once though. Dealer said it was a known glitch and switching off, wait a minute, the switch it back on will cure it. Worked for me. Not happened since (touch wood!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode