Another annoying question - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Another annoying question

Turismo Veloce Lusso or Multistrada 1200S??? *LOL*

Carabinieri version Multistrada looks rad but Turismo Veloce is sexy as hell! Both cost the same here US$50.000, so it's a decision I cannot take lightly. I have my 1090RR for me, the next bike gonna be aimed for two up with my wife..

Oh, I also need to mention, I live in Indonesia, the new definition of modern day wild wild west, wild wild east perhaps *LOL*.... So if I get the Multistrada and convert it to carabinieri version I can have the whole shebang, siren, strobes, rotator, the whole lot... Very very helpful in traffic jam *LOL*!!!

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

MY11 1090RR

Last edited by uwiik; 06-11-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM

I don't believe I have seen a TV mod that adds police lights......lol

The TV is definitely a much superior bike for dealing with traffic congestion (extremely nimble, great for filtering etc) but the multi is going to be better at long haul 2-up trips. But the TV can still do that well.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwandree View Post
I don't believe I have seen a TV mod that adds police lights......lol

The TV is definitely a much superior bike for dealing with traffic congestion (extremely nimble, great for filtering etc) but the multi is going to be better at long haul 2-up trips. But the TV can still do that well.
Try this!

Snips and Snips like this.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 PM

The TV can do two-up and still stay on the tail of a Multi. For daily riding in traffic, TV has the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarje88 View Post
The TV can do two-up and still stay on the tail of a Multi. For daily riding in traffic, TV has the edge.

I've seen a TV do exactly that on New Zealand Roads...I've also seen a rider solo giving a group of F4 and B4 riders a run for their money...bloody weapon of a machine
Gero HH, Gero HH, sarje88 and 3 others like this.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
How comfortable TV is for the pillion? This factor is one of the deciding factor (approval rating from the better half)... To be totally honest I personally am leaning towards TVL but I have to really stop thinking​ abouy myself and prioritize my wife on tje decision.

If let's assume MS have a score of 100 for pillion comfort, what it the score of TVL?

Many thanks in advance

MY11 1090RR
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:06 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6ymy View Post
Try this!

Love that paint scheme, wonder where they get the little box thing for the back made?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Sad news

I test rode TVL just 30 min ago. It's a hoot!! A touring bike that behaves like a sport bike, best of both world, perfect low rpm fueling, insanely nice quickshifter I have no problem using QS in any rpm even in traffic, intoxicating sound (HP Corse fitted), very very nimble, very light, leans to its side like there is no tomorrow.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have zero, like literally ZERO confidence in traffic.... I am 176cm and I am tippy toeing, not the typical tippy toe where I still have confidence, I literally afraid to put my feet down, afraid to filter through tight traffic jam, absolutely no confidence. Both the very tip of my shoes can barely touch ground. I know typically we can just use one foot to stand but I am talking about Jakarta road condition and traffic here, being able to use both feet (duck walking) is an absolute must here, no other way. With this kind of severe condition I know for sure 1" lowering kit will provide very little if any help, I also read lowering kit will affect handling.. this bike gives me less confidence than BMW GS which I consider very tall already.

I am very very sorry guys, I love and keeping my other MV, a 1090RR but I must say that I probably will have to go with Multistrada for my touring bike.

MY11 1090RR
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwiik View Post
Sad news

I test rode TVL just 30 min ago. It's a hoot!! A touring bike that behaves like a sport bike, best of both world, perfect low rpm fueling, insanely nice quickshifter I have no problem using QS in any rpm even in traffic, intoxicating sound (HP Corse fitted), very very nimble, very light, leans to its side like there is no tomorrow.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have zero, like literally ZERO confidence in traffic.... I am 176cm and I am tippy toeing, not the typical tippy toe where I still have confidence, I literally afraid to put my feet down, afraid to filter through tight traffic jam, absolutely no confidence. Both the very tip of my shoes can barely touch ground. I know typically we can just use one foot to stand but I am talking about Jakarta road condition and traffic here, being able to use both feet (duck walking) is an absolute must here, no other way. With this kind of severe condition I know for sure 1" lowering kit will provide very little if any help, I also read lowering kit will affect handling.. this bike gives me less confidence than BMW GS which I consider very tall already.

I am very very sorry guys, I love and keeping my other MV, a 1090RR but I must say that I probably will have to go with Multistrada for my touring bike.

I am 1.71 metres and I have to tip toe. I ride through traffic almost every other day - you will gain confidence! I don't think the Multi is any lower. Pillion wise it was also an important consideration and my wife likes it over the many other sport tourers.

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarje88 View Post
I am 1.71 metres and I have to tip toe. I ride through traffic almost every other day - you will gain confidence! I don't think the Multi is any lower. Pillion wise it was also an important consideration and my wife likes it over the many other sport tourers.

Where are you from? Our definition of traffic might be totally different *LOL*
As I spent 6 years of my teenage life in Australia and I drove in many different countries I am very familiar with western/developed countries definition of bad traffic, Jakarta traffic is a totally different ball game altogether, you have to have the ability of a circus performer to be able to filter through Jakarta traffic, trust me, Google it

MY11 1090RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode