Custom Map on the TV? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Terrys409
  • 2 Post By Gallego

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Question Custom Map on the TV?

Anyone running their TV with the custom map selected?
I had been using a custom map whilst I was running in and had left it selected after 1st service.
I had selected normal Gas and engine braking sensitivity with full power.
However I was finding it felt a little sluggish at times as if the throttle cable had a rubber band attaching it to the throttle bodies. I think I selected custom as it may have been less jerky under part throttle in the limited running in rpm range.
Anyway long story short I swapped into the sport map and wow what a revelation. felt like it gained another 20bhp (random figure pulled out my butt dyno),
Even though I had full power in the custom map it never felt as powerful even at WOT than it does on the sport map. Jerky part throttle doesn't seem as bad as I recall either, not perfect but not as bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Established Member

Same here.

I've spend a lot of time trying out different settings in the custom map. Not only I couldn't find any improvement over default Sport map, I couldn't even find the settings to match the Sport map. The same with suspension settings - with all the spline curves I've tried for compression and rebound I could not find anything better than what's built-in the default Sport mode.

My TVL feels most sorted out when set to Sport map. Anything else feels "unfinished". I gave up.

Set it to Sport... and ride the hell out of it.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Same here.

I've spend a lot of time trying out different settings in the custom map. Not only I couldn't find any improvement over default Sport map, I couldn't even find the settings to match the Sport map. The same with suspension settings - with all the spline curves I've tried for compression and rebound I could not find anything better than what's built-in the default Sport mode.

My TVL feels most sorted out when set to Sport map. Anything else feels "unfinished". I gave up.

Set it to Sport... and ride the hell out of it.

Hehehe true... Sport map only!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 09:42 AM

I swap to touring when riding around the city sometime just to remind me how much I love the bike in sport.

I've messed a little with the custom maps but agree that I don't find anything i like more than sport.

Has anyone found a nice custom set up?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:42 PM

New Site Garage
Geese. I thought my custom map was good. I reduced the throttle sensitivity and selected full power. I am going to try sport mode again.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:32 AM

Hi All, have any of you guys had the software update on your TV yet? I think there could be an issue with it. I had it done on Friday before heading to the TT and there appears to be no difference in bike performance no matter what map is selected ?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Established Member

Original engine map software on mine. With any luck I'll get the ECU update by the end of the month along with the clutch TSB.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:45 PM

New Site Garage
I am current with all updates as of two weeks ago. My bike was in the shop for nine weeks getting updates and a new sprag. You all had to hear me gripe about how I found the parts in the warehouse, when my dealer couldn't.

My throttle response on Sport is not as snappy as it used to be. I only leave it on Sport now. The last thing I want is less power, even in the rain. My wrist works just fine.
Fastspy and Fastspy like this.

Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 04:29 PM

I use rain mode on my daily commute from home to work, it helps me not to be so holligan and I think it is safer over the wet and dirty streets of Miami riding with traffic. Other than that i use Sport and enjoy it as it is, great set up....
Terrys409 and Terrys409 like this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM

New Site Garage
I respect your non 'holligan" rain mode decision. I could use some that levelheadedness.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode