What do you guys use for tank bag? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

What do you guys use for tank bag?

My delightful magnetic unit is gathering dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:40 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Qwandree,

On my side using a Givi tankbag with a tanklock system. Only "problem" is that I need to remove the tankbag to be able to put the key in, and when the tankbag is on, it is quite difficult to access the key to switch it on. But the mecanism to lock/unlock the tankbag is very practical so it's not too much an issue.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 02:11 AM

New Site Garage
Like Marc I use a Givi Tanklock tank-bag, mine is the ST 602 model, not particularly large but adequate for for day t day essentials like phone, first aid kit, puncture repair kit, glasses etc. As I normally ride with panniers fitted anyway I'm not too concerned that it doesn't have enough room for waterproofs. It's size means that there's a clear view of the instruments and it just clears my sat nav on full lock.

Access to the ignition key, as mentioned by Marc, is restricted with the bag in place but the tanklock system makes it very easy to remove the bag reach it, yet secure once in place, it's hardly an inconvenience.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:48 AM

New Site Garage
My tank bags are XS306 (25 liters) and XS307 (15 liters). Both works fine, but they look ugly on the bike, but once on the bike, I don't care (I can't see how ugly it is): what was important to me is to increase the luggage capacity and being able to do some light travelling without the need for the paniers. The small one is really too small for this, while the 25 liters model is more than fine. I have proper vision on the clocks, and the tankbag do not disturb anything, even a phone mounted on the side on the handlebar (which I do sometime when I don't want to use the Zumo).

Ultimately, the size you need depend of the use you have for it. When I go to work with the bike, generally, it is without the paniers, and the 25 liters tankbag is loaded with my Surface Pro 4, my work clothes and shoes, and there is still plenty of room left: I should be able to do a full weekend just with this one (including the sleep bag).

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:08 PM

I just leave the panniers on the bike all the time. Looks great with them, and no real adverse handling effects.
sarje88 and sarje88 like this.

|
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:58 AM
LLP

New Site Garage
I use a givi tanklock XS308 and I find this is the right tankbag as its shape follows the curve of the tank, and useful volume allow you to embedded all necessary stuff !
J.C. and J.C. like this.

LLP
Turismo Veloce Lusso 2016
The Following User Says Thank You to LLP For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:00 PM

Givi Tanklock XS306 25 litre, same minor issues as above but works for me.
Enough room for waterproofs and full size camera + puncture repair kit/ bottle water with space to spare for those small essentials.

The above bag has worked on last 3 bikes as well, so IMHO good value too.

You can get rings of varying heights, I found the 20mm ring would clear the key...............just.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 12:34 PM

New Site Garage
Givi XS306 here too! Very pleased with this bag. Has used it to 3 and 4 day roadtrips fully loaded with no problem whatsoever. Givi states 2kg max load but I have filled it x3 plus me resting on it while riding on highway straights. Tanklock system is superb.

'04 Brutale 750S
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 02:28 PM

New Site Garage
My wife just took the XS307 (15 liters) for her Street Triple. I use now exclusively the XS306 (25 liters).

I changed recently my jacket for Dainese one, and it do not have any inside pockets (while my previous jecket had a few), and as a result, I need to find a smaller tankbag for trips that don't last more than few hours. And also noticed that I have a small issue with the XS306. It's a bit big, and once I have all my stuff inside, I struggle to find my wallet or my phone.

A smaller XS319 may fit both purpose :
- having my minimal stuff (phones, wallet, sun glasses, microfiber to clean my visor, and a 0.5 liter of water bottle) for the short trips
- having a closed box in the XS 306 where I can find my key elements

If anyone of you use a XS319, could you please confirm this is making it for the first point?

Thanks in advance.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Established Member

I have the XS319. Just the right size for a day trip. I keep my puncture repair kit, mini compressor, glasses case, multitool, small spray bottle for cleaning visor and microfiber. I can also fit my GPS in the bag as well when I am off the bike. They do the 4L bag as well which I might buy for touring.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickr69 For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode