2016 new TV's marked $6500 off? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

2016 new TV's marked $6500 off?

A dealer in CA, Tri-City Powersports, is advertising new TV's and TVL's at some ridiculous discounts - $6100 off MSRP or $9888 for a new TV, and 13,998 for a new TVL. Not even demos - new bikes!! I thought I scored when I got my 1190RR for $4500 off.

WTF?

Is this legit? I am overloaded on bikes now, but this feels like such a bargain, it's almost criminal.

What's the scoop on these TV's? I did read where MV is discontinuing the 800 series in favor of the larger and more profitable bikes. Kinda reminds me of the deals around when Buell went under the first time - you get an 1125 for like $7000.

Might make a great 3rd bike.

Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Tri-County Powersports

2014 Brutale 1090 RR / 2014 KTM 1190R / 2012 Triumph Bonneville SMQ / 2008 FJR 1300 /2009 Husqvarna TE310 / 1966 Metisse Desert Racer (2008 312R - sold; 2007 F4 - sold).

Last edited by davehg; 03-24-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Well, maybe I just answered my own questions when I read the thread about the 2017 TV changes - lots of important parts changed out, and perhaps the discount reflects the gamble a buyer might take if they buy the 2016 and then need to worry about warranty repairs and such.

Still.... lotta bike for under $10k

2014 Brutale 1090 RR / 2014 KTM 1190R / 2012 Triumph Bonneville SMQ / 2008 FJR 1300 /2009 Husqvarna TE310 / 1966 Metisse Desert Racer (2008 312R - sold; 2007 F4 - sold).
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:54 AM

I have about 6K miles on my '16. Very fun bike, only reason it doesn't get more miles is that I do mostly 2-up and the GS is a way better bike for that.

Hard to go wrong at that price, unless you get a problematic bike and have a lousy (or no) dealer. I've been lucky so far (knock on wood), and I have a good local dealer. In fact taking it there tomorrow for a new rear tire as the original is shot. Oddly enough the front went quicker than the rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:51 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehg View Post
I did read where MV is discontinuing the 800 series in favor of the larger and more profitable bikes.
I don't know where you read that but the 800cc three cylinder bikes have been the sales mainstay for MV outselling the the four cylinder bikes by quite a large margin and, it could be said in more favourable circumstances, the company's saviour. They've spent a lot of money developing it and recently getting it through Euro4 so I doubt very much they're going to discontinue it any time soon.

The prices that you're stating for the Tursimo are a bargain if you can tolerate having last years model. Will still have a 2 year warranty so if the local dealer is a good one then I would say that if there's am itch, scratch it.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 03-24-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typos and clarity
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM

New Site Garage
I purchased my 2013 TVL new in December for $15 and change. I think they are eager to clear out last years inventory. In 3 months I've put about 3K miles on it. At $15, I couldn't pass it up, I was originally planning on buying a FJ-09 instead for about $11,500. Then I would need to upgrade the suspension, purchase luggage, etc. I think I have the better of the two bikes.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM

I'm also not convinced that the 2017 changes are all that drastic. I think the clutch difference is the same as was handled under the TSB. I really don't have any complaints about the bike - certainly shifts faster/smoother than my GS.

-todd

|
|

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 06:55 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
I'm also not convinced that the 2017 changes are all that drastic.
I concur, more like finessing and things they were obliged to do to comply with Euro4 rather than things that needed to be done.

I note that the rear indicators are the same, both of mine filled with water and failed, replaced under warranty and then filled with water again. Drilled a small hole in the bottom of each and they've been fine since.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehg View Post
Well, maybe I just answered my own questions when I read the thread about the 2017 TV changes - lots of important parts changed out, and perhaps the discount reflects the gamble a buyer might take if they buy the 2016 and then need to worry about warranty repairs and such.

Still.... lotta bike for under $10k
MV Agusta's Restructing Plan Receives Court Approval

fwiw, if I didn't already have a TV, I'd buy one of those 2016s in a heartbeat...

I wish the F3 was $6K off. Or maybe I don't, otherwise I'd have a 3rd bike in the garage

|
|

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 02:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
I note that the rear indicators are the same, both of mine filled with water and failed, replaced under warranty and then filled with water again. Drilled a small hole in the bottom of each and they've been fine since.
Hi Chas, please tell me were exactly drilled a hole in the indicator? I had the same issue got it under warranty replaced
and it fills up again...

cheers

Gero
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 04:05 AM

New Site Garage
Gero, yep, mine were filled again on the next ride. Water gets in but can't get out. Bad design and quality control.

I drilled a 1mm hole in the very bottom of the indicator body. The black plastic, not the lens. Being careful not to drill too deep. Trapped water dribbled out as will any more getting in. Gave the hole a squirt of WD40 as well. No issues since.

I figured that even if water gets in via the hole it'll come straight back out again which is far better for the LEDs and circuitry than living in a goldfish bowl...

Have some aftermarket indicators sat on the shelf in my office with a strip of aluminium to mount them just in case they fail again. All my failures were in the first couple of thousand miles, since I've drilled the holes and 3500 miles later all is well.
Gero HH and Gero HH like this.

Last edited by Bumpkin; 03-26-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode