CNC frame plugs on ebay.co.uk - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
CNC frame plugs on ebay.co.uk

Hope someone on here got them because Goofbid f**ked up and my bid wasn't placed. Went for significantly less than my bid ceiling as well.

Enjoy them whoever you are

EDIT: just checked the bid history and Goofbid didn't seem to notice the previous bid, my bid was last in terms of time (by 16 seconds) but precisely 1 less.... I don't get it The winner appears to have been an ebay automated bid...

Maybe ebay now favours this type of bid to try and dissuade sniping? I should maybe go back to sitting in front of the PC waiting for the final seconds of the auction. Having the time to do this is alas a luxury that I can't currently afford.

Guess I'll be pounding a path to the virtual door of Design Corse in the new year.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 12-18-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Established Member

I saw those on EBay. Already have a set on mine so it was not me! Similar thing happened to me this weekend. Set of pillion grab rails for the TV going cheap which I was going to use to experiment with a top case rack. Left it a few days and then found they had gone.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Why wouldn't you just place a max bid on Ebay itself?

What is Goodbid?

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Why wouldn't you just place a max bid on Ebay itself?

What is Goodbid?
A wee bit contentious with some but it's a third party mechanism that places your highest bid in the closing seconds of an auction. It's called sniping.

If all interested parties for an item place advanced maximum bids via ebay it tends to drive the price up. Admittedly if there is a standing automatic bid higher than the ceiling that you've set in Goofbid you'll loose anyway. However for those manually watching/bidding it usually comes to late for them to react with a counter-bid. All's fair in love and war as they say...

Especially useful when I can't be near my PC or an auction ends at some unsociable hour.

Have used it to good effect in the past. One other advantage is that you're not tempted to get carried away in a bidding frenzy. Place your bid and walk away. It'll email you to let you know if you've won or not after the auction closes.

One apparent downside is that you need to trust them with your eBay login credentials. Have been using them for years without issue though.

Chas
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
The Ebay mechanism seems to work just fine. It has for me anyway.

When you are dealing in seconds, it seems the additional layer of a third party mechanism failed you this time.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
The Ebay mechanism seems to work just fine. It has for me anyway.
As explained above, it can help prevent driving the price up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703
When you are dealing in seconds, it seems the additional layer of a third party mechanism failed you this time.
The bid ceiling I set on Goofbid, in this case, seems to have been reduced by 20. The bid went in but I was immediately outbid. I have the confirmation email from them that mentions the price that I set so I'm not imagining things... I now have sight of the ceiling as it was at the end of the auction and it is 20 less than I set. I could feasibly gone back in and reduced it but I certainly don't recall doing so. Maybe I'm loosing my mind... quite possible I have a lot going on right now. Anyway, the item has gone, no use crying (any further) over spilt milk. The winner might have had a higher ceiling than me anyway so at the least I've saved him/her some cash.

Chas
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
As explained above, it can help prevent driving the price up.
Sounds like they need something like this for property auctions too, removes the emotional factor and drive people's budget up in the heat of the moment at auctions.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode