Cruise control wont engage ?? - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 08:36 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfadly View Post
I mean i had disable my QS from the screen setting.. there were some problem with my QS i think. Coz when i enable my QS, my bike start to be jerky on lower speed at lower gear.. the jerky seems like i am short of fuel. I have no longer have the problem after i disable my QS but i cannot activate my cruise control.

Sent from my BV5000 using Tapatalk
Mine is doing the same. Cruise control won't work and the bike is lurching forward while at low rpm's while decelerating. It is scary, with my hand on the clutch and ready to kill the bike. The quick shifter setting is call "State," was switched to off and the bike quit lurching.

I called my dealer and he said he had not heard of this on an MV, so naturally I turned to the MVagusta.net, where I knew I would find the answer.

I am not taking my bike in for repair and leaving it for a month or more.

I did see one error message on the bike coming home from Gapalicious and it read," Clutch Switch." From what I have read here, it is the Quick Shift indicator.

464 Euros is a lot. I do like cruise control but could live without the quick shift. I wonder if I could bypass the shifter sensor and use cruise?

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Terrys409; 10-07-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys409 View Post
Mine is doing the same. Cruise control won't work and the bike is lurching forward while at low rpm's while decelerating. It is scary, with my hand on the clutch and ready to kill the bike. The quick shifter setting is call "State," was switched to off and the bike quit lurching.

I called my dealer and he said he had not heard of this on an MV, so naturally I turned to the MVagusta.net, where I knew I would find the answer.

I am not taking my bike in for repair and leaving it for a month or more.

I did see one error message on the bike coming home from Gapalicious and it read," Clutch Switch." From what I have read here, it is the Quick Shift indicator.

464 Euros is a lot. I do like cruise control but could live without the quick shift. I wonder if I could bypass the shifter sensor and use cruise?
This thread happened a couple years before I bought my TV.
So, I am not sure what's going on the the Q/S operation or malfunction; and cruise control not working.
My TV from new had air in the clutch switch which caused funky shifting (Q/S "state" set to on for up/down shifts) when using the clutch.
Bleeding the switch fixed the problem, to this day...

RE the clutch switch message:
Will the engine start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in?
Will the engine start in gear with the clutch lever out?

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:20 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
This thread happened a couple years before I bought my TV.
So, I am not sure what's going on the the Q/S operation or malfunction; and cruise control not working.
My TV from new had air in the clutch switch which caused funky shifting (Q/S "state" set to on for up/down shifts) when using the clutch.
Bleeding the switch fixed the problem, to this day...

RE the clutch switch message:
Will the engine start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in?
Will the engine start in gear with the clutch lever out?
I hope I can do this myself. I care most about the cruise control. I am not sure how to bleed a switch.

It will not start in gear either way.

Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:48 PM

I have only used my cruise control once and with out issues.
I have to take the bike in for some service and one of the issues revolves around the clutch. I thought is was just a faulty sensor, however maybe there is more going on.
The tech is very good so I will take to him and see if he has heard of problems with the cruise control.

Quote:
This has been a problem for me since I bought the bike.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:33 PM

New Site Garage
Well... I am not buying a $500 shift sensor when it could be bleeding a switch. I guess I will take it in for diagnostics at the Ducshop

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:43 PM

I'm not sure what the problem is with mine. I know the symptoms but not the disease.
I will have the tech go through the bike and diagnose all the issues and take it from there.
My clutch is very grabby so that is also and issue.

Bikes:

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys409 View Post
I hope I can do this myself. I care most about the cruise control. I am not sure how to bleed a switch.

That means the clutch switch is failed in the OPEN condition.
This should not affect Q/S or cruise control operation.
(Unless there is a clutch switch message on the dash. That would indicate a Closed circuit failure.)
Only the ability to start a stalled engine with transmission still in gear is affected.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 03:02 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
That means the clutch switch is failed in the OPEN condition.
This should not affect Q/S or cruise control operation.
(Unless there is a clutch switch message on the dash. That would indicate a Closed circuit failure.)
Only the ability to start a stalled engine with transmission still in gear is affected.
Thanks! I did see a "clutch switch" error reading. It hasn't come on again, but I have also turned off my quick shifter, which made it quit lurching forward, like others have noticed in posts above.

I am tempted by what you have said to buy a clutch switch and not take it in. This is the second one installed. I do not ride in the rain or pressure spray.

Last edited by Terrys409; 10-07-2019 at 04:22 PM.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I do not ride in the rain
I often don't have a choice. I would hope that as a touring bike, it can handle a deluge.......... I did stall in the rain once and restarting the engine was difficult. It wouldn't idle and I had to keep the engine at a slight rev. Horrible situation with a grabby clutch.

Is there a part # for the clutch switch, I can order one and replace it myself.

Bikes:

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 04:52 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I often don't have a choice. I would hope that as a touring bike, it can handle a deluge..........
Three electrical failures on one mainly wet European tour was a contributing factor to me trading in my otherwise lovely TVL. Regrettably I think it's a tour, but only in the sun, kind of bike so not practical for me.

Failures were:

QS sensor - one already replaced under warranty. This one I worked with penetrating oil and WD40 on my return to restore function. The alternative was to replace with OEM or, at around the same cost, buy an HM sensor.
Side stand switch - this failed cutting the engine whilst overtaking a line of trucks at speed on the German autobahn, needed new underwear after that one. Unplugged for rest of the trip and then stripped and cleaned on return to UK to restore function.
Clutch switch - typically, the last day in France it was hot, dry and sunny. The UK had been in a heatwave whilst we'd been riding in a wet northern Italy, Austria and Germany... The clutch first seemed to be dragging and then finally the lever started getting 'mushy'. Limped it back to the channel tunnel with clutch-less changes and once parked up waiting for our slot saw hydraulic fluid leaking from the rear of the clutch switch where the spade connectors attach. Stripped the switch out and screwed one of the tiny fairing screws into the hole in the brass body. Had to then snap that off to enable me to put the switch back in. Clutch action was sufficiently restored to enable me to ride home. Switch was replaced by myself, Motocorsa had them in stock.

The last one wasn't due to the wet weather admittedly, the opposite in fact. The leak was through the potting or whatever resin material the switch manufacturer had used to seal the switch. This had either broken down through age and/or heat.

Whilst all of the above were fixable (had I kept the bike I would have gone the HM route on the QS sensor) it somewhat dented my confidence in setting off on a long tour. Famous last words as I'm off to Portugal on the Multistrada in a few days...
Terrys409 likes this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode