New TVL owner from Scotland saying hello! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

New TVL owner from Scotland saying hello!

Hi folks

Just a quick forum hello as I wait for my TVL to be prepped ready for collection at the start of next month.

I have enjoyed reading just about every TV-related post on the forum and really appreciate the friendly MV community here.

I'm moving to a TVL from a Ducati ST3, which made a wonderful trip back to the place of its birth earlier this summer. A DVT MTS was the preferred replacement but couldn't resist something lighter and more exotic, with a better set of features.

Ironically, I was somewhat underwhelmed after a test ride as it didn't feel fast or torquey, and the engine sounded rough, but I realised I was riding it in the wrong way!

MV Turismo Veloce Lusso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM

Congrats and welcome. I had an ST2 for awhile - fun bike but very different than the TV.

The TV is no twin, so if you ride it like one you'll certainly be a bit disappointed. The engine will get better and better as it breaks in - I found somewhere between 3-5K miles it opened up. I also put on a QD exhaust which I think helps as well. Beyond that, I haven't found much that I need to add or change. I put some different pegs on and actually may go back to the stock as I think they were more comfortable to me. I did add a slider as well, but the bike is pretty much ready-to-rock as-is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
The Following User Says Thank You to nostatic For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 11:38 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome Cripes. As nostatic says, as the miles increase the sweet engine seems to loosen up/bed in. Maybe, to a certain extent, it's acclimatisation but I perceive mine as improved with use.

Test rode a DVT MTS but the TV is more 'me' despite being down quite a bit on power. The overall package is better and the lighter weight, sharper handling and addictive triple sound track sooo good. Thus far I've tracked it (not it's ideal habitat TBH), toured on it and generally hooned around. Heading up to Allendale with a bunch of mates next weekend, brief cross border raid is on the schedule. Where abouts in Scotland are you?

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

I sometimes felt the ST3 had too much power, so looking forward to getting to grips with a triple that likes to rev. A while ago I had a KTM 390 Duke for a bit of a change and enjoyed wringing its neck on a regular basis! Totally unsuitable for touring of course, hence the interest in a sporty, lightweight tourer like the TV.

I'm from Orkney and probably the only MV Agusta owner here :-)

MV Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 02:41 PM

I'm in the running mine in having just picked it up this week and even though I've got to stick to reduced rpm ranges its still great . One of fav bikes was my 1st Ducati a 900 superlight back in the late 90s (apart from the snapping headstuds) so I got another a few years back which I still own, its so much fun as its only got 70odd bhp you can get the throttle pinned without too much trouble
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Here's a pic from the showroom, before my test ride. The bike is ex-demo so I suspect there's a few folk on here who've ridden it (thrashed it?!).

MV Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 01:29 AM

Looks nice Cripes, enjoy,
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 01:42 AM

New Site Garage
In the best colour too (imo) enjoy

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 05:28 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
In the best colour too (imo) enjoy
I concur

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 05:38 AM

New Site Garage
Congratulation , this is exactly my colour.... I love it :-)
Have a lot fun with it, I know you will !!

Gero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode