Nbd - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Nbd

New bike day for me
Just picked my Turismo Veloce from my "local" dealer only 122miles away.
There was one very close but they were allegedly naughty with running 3 exclusive franchises at the same time so lost them all and closed. The next nearest seems to have fallen out with MV :/. Anyway got great service from Bennets in Barnsley .
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:33 PM

Congratulations on the purchase. Have to say I am enjoying mine!

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
The Following User Says Thank You to JerseyBrut For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:41 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome MacDuff, great choice of bike, enjoy

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:09 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations to your new bike... you will love it to pieces

I do !!

Gero
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 05:48 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Congrats on the new Turismo. You will luv it. I've now got over 8k on mine and still makes me smile every time I go out. The guys at Perth Motorcycles have taken brill care of me in the last 18 months. Any issues I have had have been taken care of. They seem to have been able to source parts even during the bad times. I bought my 675 ORO from Paul at Bennetts. They have been great too. Even helping source a new petrol tank under warranty for the bike despite being 4 years old now!!! I am sure they will look after you. Well worth building an understanding relationship with the dealer as dealing with MV can be difficult for them too. Get it out and enjoy! All the best. Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to vfrbhoy For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:59 AM
LLP

New Site Garage
Welcome here with your Lusso, enjoy it !

LLP
Turismo Veloce Lusso 2016
The Following User Says Thank You to LLP For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Had a few niggles one was my doing in not RTFM as I couldn't work out how to swap maps despite having done so on a previous test ride. 2nd was getting the pillion seat off as it didn't want to budge, it appears I need 3 hands to remove it! 1 to push down at rear, 1 to turn key and 1 more to push seat rearward to allow pin to clear the catch and release. Last one is haven't found the Bluetooth pin code I need to pair a phone though I suspect it may be on the key code card . Other than that it's very agile and likes to carry corner speed with minimal effort unlike my prior KTM which needed muscle and lots of input to get it around.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
Other than that it's very agile and likes to carry corner speed with minimal effort unlike my prior KTM which needed muscle and lots of input to get it around.
My description is that while my GS (and previous Capo) would carve turns, the TV "dances" through them. Very quick-handling bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Took the bike out to Hartside Café to get some running in miles on it. Had a slight hiccup when 1st started as it had a check light on and absolutely no power. Switching off and on cured the check light but didn't fix the lack of go, it was like it was running in limp home mode (less power than a 50cc scooter with a knackered piston). I tried a factory reset on the dash setting menu and that fixed the no power issue and also (later) allowed my phone to connect to the Bluetooth, which was failing on every attempt prior to the reset. I don't appear to have any errors recorded that I can see so no idea what caused it though I do recall it saying engine kill switch problem when I 1st turned the ignition on today though the kill switch wasn't off. Upside is I got past the 1st 300miles so moved into the more revs allowed part of running in and its lovely in that greater rev range . Prior to that in the lower only to 5.5to6K max rpm it sounded a bit limp and felt rough at the lower revs. its sounds lovely going up to 8k even with part throttle, very addictive. crikey know what it sounds like with louder exhaust can...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode