Loving my new Turismo Veloce! - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Loving my new Turismo Veloce!

New owner from New York. I picked up a new white Turismo Veloce Lusso last Saturday after eyeing it for over a year. For the past 6 months, I'd been torn, what with the trouble with MV, thinking it wasn't very rational to buy one at the moment. I think what tipped me was when I considered what I'd do if MV did go out of business. The answer? Run out and get the last white MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso! When I admitted that, I was out of excuses.

Anyhow, I've loved this bike so long, before ever test riding it. In the end, I was deciding between it and the Multistrada. The Multistrada spoke to the brain, but the MV to heart. The seat height was a little unsetting at first, but I'm getting used to it. MV's not currently shipping the low height seat, but I've got my eye out for it. In the meantime, it's fine.

My other bike is a Ducati Scrambler Classic, which now fees so low and small. I love the Scrambler, but wanted something better for longer trips, and from what I can tell so far (~200 miles in the seat), the Turismo Veloce will be just perfect for that.

I've had a couple issues so far -- hopefully nothing major. At 23 miles, I got a "Warning: High Engine Temp!" light. I let it sit for 20 minutes. Then the bike wouldn't start, which totally broke my heart, but through some experimentation, I learned it will only start in Neutral -- PHEW! Then, on the way home, I get a "Warning! Clutch Switch!" light with an illuminated orange engine service light. I'm thinking "Man!", but then the light went off and I haven't gotten any warnings since. Hopefully just first day gremlins. On Day 2, when I woke up, I noticed blue antifreeze had leaked out of one of two tubes seemingly meant to leak it. Maybe 5 or 6 teaspoons worth. I wiped it up and then later in the day noticed maybe 2 more teaspoons worth in the same spot. Nothing since then. I rode the bike again, and no lights, engine temp is perfect. We'll see if I get the fluids again. Anyhow, hopefully nothing major.

So, I love it. I'll read up on how to post pics.

This forum is great, by the way -- thanks everyone for their contributions. Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Nitro69 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 12:06 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Turismo, congratulations to your new bike. You made the right decision! It is a lovely bike!
I just got the same as you, the white Turismo Veloce Lusso :-))

Unfortunately that issue with the clutch switch is a common fault. That's why you can start just in neutral. Just go to your dealer and you will get a new clutch switch over warranty. If you had some drops from the cooling fluid on the floor you may check the pipes. Maybe they are not correct sealed. But it could be also too much in the tank that will split out then. If the engine is cold the level should be just right under minimum.

We all love pics here so please shows us your new bike :-))

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Gero
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 02:46 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Welcome Turismo, great choice in bike and colour. You will love the long trips on her and just make sure to include lots of 'curvy' roads in your journey as she excels in them even loaded up with both panniers full and 2 up!
Enjoy the bike and welcome.
PK

Paul

F4 Tamburini
F4 RC
Brutale 1090 Corsa
TVL
Ducati 748
Gone but not forgotten...
F3 Serie Oro
F3 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 02:59 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the family Turismo and congratulations you have good taste.
As Gero said the clutch switch is common and an easy replacement under warranty, not had a problem with mine since its been changed in 9k miles. Yip they don't like having a lot of coolant in the tank and will spew some out but once it has decided how much it wants/needs it will be fine. Some of us have had rear indicators replaced, again under warranty.
As for your high engine temp light, ask your dealer to check the radiator cap but could also be the clutch switch throwing that up as well.
There are 2 service bulletins that I am aware of, the first being the rear preload adjuster bracket, the second is for the clutch (as far as I'm aware no one knows why or what that is for just yet).
The clutch switch won't stop you riding it just disables the quickshifter and it may also sort itself out without stopping when you get decent air through the radiator but no big deal.
+1 for pictures, preferably on a nice twisty road with a scenic backdrop, and bonus points for scantily clad women draped over it 😀😀
Anyway enjoy the best all round bike money can buy.

Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 03:59 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome Turismo

Great choice, I would say that though as I have exactly the same.... I drew the same conclusion over buying logic with the issues at MV.

As said above teething problems are possible but with the support of a good dealer you'll be fine.

Ed Cosker's here in the UK had a low seat in stock last time I was there. Would probably ship to the US if you can't find one.

Enjoy your new ride

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
If you love the bike now, just wait YOU WILL LOVE IT EVEN MORE.....

I've done 8k miles on mine, mostly touring trips. Fantastic bike.

As for clutch switches, etc etc, Your dealer will help you out I'm sure. Mine is going in once Autumn arrives to have all of the warranty stuff done at the sme time. ie the clutch switch, the clutch basket, replace the abs rotor which has a tiny bit of corrosion, updated starter, they are also going to put some higher temp brake fluid in. ( the back brake gets air in due to master cylinder getting overheated occasionally.) all the parts have been sourced from the factory even in these dark days with no problem. I also have just received a replacement fuel tank for my F3 oro under warranty - and its 4 years old!

With the right dealer support its amazing what can be done.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy...

Dave
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Welcome to the club Turismo!
The bike is great and you will enjoy it I am sure. As for the cooling fluid, I had the same issue after 3000km. It would spill some fluid after the ride with my engine off. I woul replace the lost fluid but it did the same on my next ride. I opened the cap to adjust the preasure and it would stop driping. Finnaly after three rides it stoped by itself. I asked my service and they said it happens with MV and they have no clue why but it stops after it adjusts itself. Funny explanation but it was exactly like they said. I guess there was some air in the system or maybe some small particale was obstructin the valve on the radiator cap, I can only guess. Now works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

"+1 for pictures, preferably on a nice twisty road with a scenic backdrop, and bonus points for scantily clad women draped over it 😀😀"

LOL -- I'll see what I can do about the scantily clad women! For now, though, you just get a pic of me picking up the bike at the dealer, and near the summit of Bear Mountain, which has the best twisties near to NYC.
Attached Images

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Hmm... cannot figure how to add more than one pic at once...
Attached Images

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

From Bear Mountain, overlooking the Hudson...
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in