New owner registering from Jersey - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

New owner registering from Jersey

I am pleased to say that today I picked up my own TV800 which will soon be sitting alongside my Brutale 1078RR back on Jersey.

Purchased from Moto Forza Italia at Silverstone today, I will shortly be returning back to Jersey, but for now I cannot stress how impressed I was with both Martin and Tracey at Moto Forza Italia. The most comprehensive hand over of a new bike I have ever had! The build up to buying and my wanting various additions and numerous questions etc were all met with no issues, they really went out their way to help (I know I can be awkward/demanding but nothing was a problem and communication was always possible). It would be nice to be able to use them for all servicing but alas they are too far away, but as they say never say never!

Whilst I was there one of their technicians (mechanic!) was working on a cafe racer based on a Brutale 800, it really looks like it could be quite special with some old school metal work fabrication on a 'cafe style' rear seat and a totally one off rear sub frame. I think he said it was going to run an F3 fuel tank and Dragster spoked wheels. So Martin make sure you let me know when it is finished and add some pictures to your website.

As for the TV800, well I owned a Tuono V4 1100 Factory which was truly not for me, the slow speed throttle response was just plain awful, yes it was a stonking bike, but what was the point when for at least 50% of the time it drove you crazy. I have owned a 2014 MTS1200 Pikes Peak and when considering what bike to change the Tuono for I considered the new MTS1200, KTM 1200GT, BMW S1000XR and the TV800.

Yes the current issues with the Factory were a concern, but having ridden all bar the KTM I can say just after today's ride I have made totally the right choice. Totally sublime, yes I may have some of the reported issue so no time, but to have a smile back on my face when riding today was a pure pleasure. I feel I could ride hundreds of miles a day and still want to do some more at the end of the day.

My thanks to Chas (aka Bumpkin) for all your help and advice I really have appreciated it and I will post up some pictures when I get home.

It been a while, but it is nice to be back.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 08-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
I am pleased to say that today I picked up my own TV800 which will soon be sitting alongside my Brutale 1078RR back on Jersey.

Purchased from Moto Forza Italia at Silverstone today, I will shortly be returning back to Jersey, but for now I cannot stress how impressed I was with both Martin and Tracey at Moto Forza Italia. The most comprehensive hand over of a new bike I have ever had! The build up to buying and my wanting various additions and numerous questions etc were all met with no issues, they really went out their way to help (I know I can be awkward/demanding but nothing was a problem and communication was always possible). It would be nice to be able to use them for all servicing but alas they are too far away, but as they say never say never!

Whilst I was there one of their technicians (mechanic!) was working on a cafe racer based on a Brutale 800, it really looks like it could be quite special with some old school metal work fabrication on a 'cafe style' rear seat and a totally one off rear sub frame. I think he said it was going to run an F3 fuel tank and Dragster spoked wheels. So Martin make sure you let me know when it is finished and add some pictures to your website.

As for the TV800, well I owned a Tuono V4 1100 Factory which was truly not for me, the slow speed throttle response was just plain awful, yes it was a stonking bike, but what was the point when for at least 50% of the time it drove you crazy. I have owned a 2014 MTS1200 Pikes Peak and when considering what bike to change the Tuono for I considered the new MTS1200, KTM 1200GT, BMW S1000XR and the TV800.

Yes the current issues with the Factory were a concern, but having ridden all bar the KTM I can say just after today's ride I have made totally the right choice. Totally sublime, yes I may have some of the reported issue so no time, but to have a smile back on my face when riding today was a pure pleasure. I feel I could ride hundreds of miles a day and still want to do some more at the end of the day.

My thanks to Chas (aka Bumpkin) for all your help and advice I really have appreciated it and I will post up some pictures when I get home.

It been a while, but it is nice to be back.

Dave
Well,well, well, it would seem we are but a few miles apart with similar tastes. I too have a Brutale but the 1090RR, and have just placed my deposit with Moto Corsa for a TV800 Lusso. Spooky eh. Road tested one last year but held till now.

PS Stuck on a rock too, off the coast of France ��

2016 TV Lusso.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 02:06 PM

New Site Garage
Yay

Great to hear that you've got it all sorted in the end. Enjoy your new ride.

Look forward to the pictures.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 02:29 PM

Will have to catch up sometime as likely to pop over to see a friend who's just moved there from here. Suppose Motorama won't be to happy with either of us but did try to get a price from last week but no reply. He who hesitates is lost as they say.

2016 TV Lusso.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Congrats. I haven't ridden the KTM but have read a lot about it and have sat on one (as well as the SDR). Also haven't ridden the S1000XR but likely will test ride one when I take the GS in for the next service (and to fix a bent rim :/). I came pretty close to buying a new Tuono, and fwiw I found the low speed fueling to actually be pretty good. In fact I was surprised at how reasonable the bike was around town at sub-hooligan speeds. But in the end I really had no place to really open the bike up (it needs to go to the track), and it isn't an all-day bike, at least not for me. The S1000XR is apparently a love-hate bike, with most of the hate going on the vibes that the engine makes.

I just got out of a Caponord 1200, and didn't really like the MTS1200 either - too cramped (I'm 6'1") and I've grown a bit tired of V-twins as they invariably make tons of power but tend towards being lumpy especially around town. The TV motor is incredibly smooth, especially after a couple K miles. It is a screamer with aftermarket pipes and a hoot. Doesn't have the neck-snapping torque of the Tuono, but not clear my neck needs to be snapped that often. Oddly enough I'm really liking the new water boxer on the GS. The way it makes power feels better to me than any of the Italian V-twins but ymmv. The TV though is a totally different beast, both from engine and handling perspectives.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dogs View Post
Will have to catch up sometime as likely to pop over to see a friend who's just moved there from here. Suppose Motorama won't be to happy with either of us but did try to get a price from last week but no reply. He who hesitates is lost as they say.
Definitely, PM me when you are next over. I have to say that Motorama were helpful advising me when they were likely to be able to source a TV800 which was more than likely early next year and I was not willing to wait that long and they totally understod. I believe that they do have great difficulty in getting clear lines of communication with the Factory compared to some of the Mainland dealers and is probably down to the number of bikes that they sell per annum, which isn't right but I suppose it is the way things work these days.

Dave

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
Congrats.... I came pretty close to buying a new Tuono, and fwiw I found the low speed fueling to actually be pretty good. In fact I was surprised at how reasonable the bike was around town at sub-hooligan speeds..... The S1000XR is apparently a love-hate bike, with most of the hate going on the vibes that the engine makes.
It is weird because if you look at the AF1 forum there is a definite split between those who have and those who don't have these issues. Most that do seem to be based in Europe with those in the US and Australasia less affected. Cannot explain it but there was no acceptance from dealer or Aprilia that there was an issue and it drove me plain crazy.

I felt those vibes you mention on the S1000XR and yes it would be just on legal limits i.e. 70-80 mph so would have got annoying, although there is apparently an aftermarket fix. Moreover though I found the bike almost totally lacking in any rider involvement....it is difficult to explain, but I know I need a bike that whenever I get an opportunity to ride, that I WANT to ride it and give me a little smile every time I look at it. I just finished the test ride of the BMW knowing that I would not want to keep it. If I needed a bike for daily use, commuting thousands of miles a year then yes I would have considered it more seriously.

Dave

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Established Member

Congratulations on you new bike.
Mine also came from Moto Forza Italia, and can heartily agree that Martin, Tracey, and the mechanics Tom and Andy are all top people. Great knowledge of the products, and first class service.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Moreover though I found the bike almost totally lacking in any rider involvement....it is difficult to explain, but I know I need a bike that whenever I get an opportunity to ride, that I WANT to ride it and give me a little smile every time I look at it. I just finished the test ride of the BMW knowing that I would not want to keep it. If I needed a bike for daily use, commuting thousands of miles a year then yes I would have considered it more seriously.

Dave
That's why I have the GS and the TV - totally different beasts. I ride a lot 2-up and we do long weekend ride and short tours, plus I have a relatively short work commute. The TV frankly is a lot of work 2-up for long hours. The GS otoh is totally seamless and without drama. The new water boxer is a great engine and it has more grunt than the TV. But when I want to ride solo and go in the canyons, the TV is way more involving. I like it because it feels like you're going faster than you actually are (good for avoiding tickets/jail time ). It is a quick handling bike that takes any input and goes that way.

It is stereotypical - the Italian is full of drama and flair, the German is precise and methodical...though you can ride it in anger and it rises to the occasion.

|
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Definitely, PM me when you are next over. I have to say that Motorama were helpful advising me when they were likely to be able to source a TV800 which was more than likely early next year and I was not willing to wait that long and they totally understod. I believe that they do have great difficulty in getting clear lines of communication with the Factory compared to some of the Mainland dealers and is probably down to the number of bikes that they sell per annum, which isn't right but I suppose it is the way things work these days.

Dave
i have to say that I've tried to sell my Brutale on several occasions for one reason or another, and each time no takers, now, I'm glad, as I would of parted with an iconic brand just through spur of the moment circumstances that were dictating my life at the time. So glad I still have it as here in guernsey its unique and stands out amongst the mainstream. As will my TV when I get it.........pearl white is.....the dogs 😊

2016 TV Lusso.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode