New owner with a cuppla questions. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New owner with a cuppla questions.

Ey up lads and lass's. I'm considering a Veloce but before I go for a test ride I'm hoping you can help with a couple of questions to save me wasting my time and the dealer.
Firstly, I've had litre plus V2's for about 20 years now and I love the torque and engine breaking. I'm not expecting the same from a treble but I've seen you can set it to suit with a custom map on the TV?
Secondly, what's the deal with the electric suspension? I've got a Superduke GT at the moment and I hate it, it's far to hard in every option. Is the standard set up better?

More to come. TIA, Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Steve and welcome.

The custom map is a case of selecting options from a range of settings in the menu. If you download the owners handbook here and go to page 55 that will show the options that are available.

For the Lusso the suspension settings available in the menus are on page 72 of the handbook. These adjust compression and rebound damping. However, I understand that the Sport and Touring settings, not sure about Rain being different from Touring, also adjust these aspcts of the suspension (p77). Pre-load is adjusted manually using the remote adjuster on the rear (p118) located above the right footrest. And at the front via the adjuster on the top of the right fork leg.

I've found that for the rear with no or empty panniers the best for me is 12 clicks in from fully out. Another 2 to 3 click in when loaded for touring. I haven't fiddled with the front pre-load yet but maybe should. I feel it needs backing off slightly. Settings for you weight will likely vary.

Enjoy your test ride.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 08-01-2016 at 12:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Well that seems better than the GT, it seems more customizable. With the GT is just 1 bloke, 1 bloke + 1 bag. 2 blokes, 2 blokes and luggage etc.
I've never even seen a TV in the flesh so I spose I'd better go for a shufty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 02:17 PM

New Site Garage
The iPhone app made tweaking the suspension even more involved. Maybe too much for most riders, something of a novelty gadget... probably only saying that as I don't do Apple

However, the app is currently not available and there is no Android version. The factory has problems at the moment though it looks hopeful that there's light at the end of the tunnel, maybe we'll know more in September once Italy is functioning again?

As to the std. set-up being better; That's a matter of opinion. Ease of adjustment from the saddle and adjustment in conjunction with engine maps is an advantage. How semi-active it actually is is difficult to tell. The Sachs set-up on the Lusso will certainly be expensive to fix if anything goes wrong with it. The std. mechanical suspension will, no doubt, be more reliable in the long run.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 08-01-2016 at 02:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 07:02 PM

If you don't often change your setup, might consider the base model and a good suspension guy. I had Dave Moss do a quick tweak on mine and it cleaned up a few things I didn't like.

The engine doesn't have anywhere near the low-end torque of the SDR. But the bike will jump when you want it to. Also the ending takes awhile to break-in. I find at 5K miles it feels like a faster bike than when I first bought it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
The Following User Says Thank You to nostatic For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Hello and glad to have you here in the forums!
The Following User Says Thank You to gistavo For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

I think I'd go for the base suspension. The experience I've had with the GT has put me off that crap forever. Once I've got a bike dialed in I leave it. Never take a pillion and just ride to suit if I've got clobber on the back. I've got Kias suspension up the road and the first thing they always tell me is, I need a bigger back spring
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 03:56 PM

I will say that the ADD on the Aprilia Caponord is pretty brilliant (at least for 2-up - wasn't as thrilled solo), and the ESA on the newer GS is pretty awesome as well. Haven't ridden the KTM, nor did I try the Lusso. I can say that with a setup the base TV works quite well. It is a very different bike than the Capo or GS, and I think it is more roomy than the SDR while still having a short wheelbase making it very quick handling.

|
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Established Member

The "Skyhook EVO" dynamic suspension on the 2015 MTS S I owned was pretty great, actually. Noticeably better than what's on my TVL. I'm hoping that when MV get their financial situation sorted out, we'll get an update to the firmware for the suspension but, I'm not holding my breath.

I think that MV need to update the app to make setting more precise, they need to re-calibrate the suspension firmware to make for a more significant difference from end to end (setting ranges, that is), need to decouple as many of the ride-mode settings as possible and, update the bike so that I can change ride-mode settings while moving. Oh, they also need to allow us to customize the built in ride-modes - at least for suspension setting but, ideally, for all settings.

I always get dynamic suspension if it's an option since, I use it but, I can understand people who don't think it's worth it.

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 03:14 PM

New Site Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum....

The App is available in the app store now!! It is " Turismo veloce+"

Gero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode