New owner checking in! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

New owner checking in!

Hello fellow MV Agusta riders!
I am new to the family and took delivery of my one year old TV only 10 days ago. So far I have covered 800 kilometers.

I come from a variety of bikes including another inline triple italian, the benelli TreK. I have also owned several BMW's and Jap bikes.

First of all the workmanship and attention to detail is outstanding! The Benelli left a lot to be desired in this department but the MV is in another league. Beautifully designed and manufactured!!

The rideability and practicallity were both excactly what I was looking for. A really comfortable, fun and usable bike for any occaction. The engine has a bit less power than the 1130 Benelli but it has a better powerband and a lot better rideability. The bike has more than enough power for my uses. Triple has got to be the best motorcycle engine! I was not aware of the fact that I needed a quickshifter but now I know, just awesome!!

The bike looks even better live than in pictures. I parked next to a Triumph Tiger 1050 and was shocked to see how bland the Tiger looked next to the TV. No competition in the looks department.

On the negative side the sound is nothing to write home about. Better when rev'ved hard but not really thrilling.
I also hate the rear brake. Must be something wrong with it, I put my foot of the footrest to enhance downforce but still alost nothing. Must be faulty, very annoying since my style at low speed relies on the rear brake for "balance" or something, I just like to use it..

All in all a fantastic bike!!

Cheers, Thomas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 06:45 PM

New Site Garage
Well done! Welcome to the family.

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydonen View Post

On the negative side the sound is nothing to write home about. Better when rev'ved hard but not really thrilling.
I also hate the rear brake. Must be something wrong with it, I put my foot of the footrest to enhance downforce but still alost nothing. Must be faulty, very annoying since my style at low speed relies on the rear brake for "balance" or something, I just like to use it..

All in all a fantastic bike!!

Cheers, Thomas.
QD pipes solve the sound thing.

The rear brake just sucks. I had to bleed mine very soon after taking delivery, and even then it sorta works (plus the lever is set very low). You can try bleeding it, but you also likely need to re-index the lever to get it sitting higher so you can actually push it down. Some owners have bolted on a larger platform to solve the problem. I just don't use it much

|
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family....rear brakes??? they're for stabilizing chassis on corner entry. You don't actually use them do you?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum....
the TV is awesome.. in every way!
I had the QD pipes fitted, but I sold them because it was a bit to loud for me...
as well the centre stand will then not fit anymore...
Attached Images

Gero
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:20 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate, great bike choice, there's a few exhaust option out there if you have a look in the "performance" section.
As the others mentioned on the rear brake, remove the caliper and bleed the system properly, there's a lot of threads in the "brakes" section on this topic.
I must say I always use the rear brake around town, or used to when I still did a lot of road riding, these days is much more just to keep the front end down.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 01:12 AM
JB8

Welcome Lydonen, This is my first MV too and I'm completely smitten with it. Enjoy, we look forward to hearing more about your time with your Italian mistress!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for such a warm welcome!
I also appreciate the feedback on the pipes and the rear brake. BTW Benelli really nailed the sound, the TreK sounded really nice.
I will definitely look for some 3rd party pipes in the future. My bike does not have a centre stand fitted so no problemo there guys :-)

Regarding the rear brake I like to use it around town. Helps me at low speed . I also tend to engage it when braking on the highway, Ive had several BMWs so I am used to the combined brakes.
Guess the workshop will have to look at the rear brake when I am having the bike serviced next month, should be fixed under warranty.

So again thank You guys! Watching the Assen MotoGP last weekend made me realize its been 16 years since I came there on my Suzuki SV650S, my first bike as an adult. In 2005 I purchased a 1200GS. I have regretted selling that bike for years and I have often been thinking of getting another one. The thing that kept me from it is that they are like the common cold over here ;-)

But now I do not want one anyway!

Cheers, Thomas.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 03:12 AM
LLP

New Site Garage
Welcome here, and have a lot of fun with this awesome bike !
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 02:18 PM

Welcome Thomas. The TV is a great looking great performing bike. Like you I use the back brakes a lot. One of the reasons I bought the TV was because the back brakes were really good. If yours are not working well it would be an idea to get them looked at. I believe the TV has a linked braking system so your back brakes will get activated when you use the front one. Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode