Lusso Phone app queries - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
JB8

Lusso Phone app queries

Hi Guys,

Popped in for my first service the other day and we (the mechanics and I had a look at linking up the phone app, which we seemed to do. So on my way home I pulled over to adjust the Compression / Rebound settings and have a general furtle but it would just not link up.

Have any of you used this app? If you have would you mind just clarifying for me the link up procedure as I seem to be unable to get it to do it

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Established Member

Sometimes, if I have other devices connected to my phone (like my Sena headset), the BT stack will crash somewhere in the system such that, without restarting the bike and phone, I can't get it to connect either. I'd suggest turning your bike on (don't start it) and connect your phone then to check to see if it's working. Once you've got that working, you should then be able to work on your suspension.

Remember, you can also create suspension settings without being connected to the bike. Another tip is that the suspension settings you associate with the "custom tuning" that you send to the bike can be accessed from the settings menu on the bike without using the app. So, you can send 3 (IIRC) different suspension settings to the bike that you can select when the bike is in neutral.

I'm of the few things with the bike that I find a little frustrating to be honest but, doesn't stop me loving the thing.

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
JB8

Cheers Evilsteve,

I've been through and deleted all the bluetooth connections from the bike, phone, sat nav and helmet comms. I now run my phone through my Garmin to my helmet comms, effectively eliminating the bike.

I then linked the phone to the bike, both the phone and bike accepted and were then showing a connection so I opened the app. This is where it goes pear shaped! It simply refuses to connect and, every time I try, the phone shows a list for the bluetooth connection process, which I've already done!

I thought about deleting the app from the phone and then reinstalling but I can't find the app on the UK app store anymore, seems strange!

Might have to ping MV an email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Established Member

Well, obviously process of elimination would be my course of action. Remove the Garmin from the equation, reconnect the phone to the bike without anything else and, make sure it can connect (just the BT) sans the garmin and everything else. Then see if the app works.

If it's still crashing, you may be SOL, unfortunately. Given that you can't re-install, that is. I've found MV to be pretty responsive when I've had issues with the app in the past.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:52 PM

New Site Garage
I guess Mv didn't payed for apple or the creator of the app... that why it is not anymore in the app store.

The thing is for what will u use the BT connection to the TV?
I've tried to connect my helmet (sena), my iPhone 6 and my TomTom Rider 400 to the TV, but it will not work because the TomTom can not communicate with the TV.
If you have a Navi and an BT helmet just connect this together and on top the iPhone for Music and calls with the helmet. as soon u try to connect the iPhone as well with the TV u will lose the ability to use the phone over the helmet-- what I will say if a call comes in it will ring on both the helmet and the TV. And nothing work properly. To use the App from TV it has to be connected as iPhone. It is not so easy to describe the hole thing in english

Gero
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM

New Site Garage
What you're saying Gero is pretty clear to me. I can't really see that there's much point to the Bluetooth on the TV, aside from minor bragging rights. I have a Garmin 660, Sena 10U and Samsung S6. These all connect to the Garmin as a hub. I also have a Sena SR10 to use with a PMR radio for leading group rides so I can stay in touch with the TEC (far better range than the 10U), but it's rarely connected. Without the GPS as a hub I suppose that the bike BT might get used. I guess you can use it to connect an iPhone with the app, if you can find it, but for Android users like myself there's little point.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 12:09 AM

New Site Garage
You're right Bumpkin, but even when u use the TV as a Hub for helmet and iPhone it will not work properly.
Trying to hear some music from the iPhone thru the TV Hub to the helmet, will interrupt al the time. Same whit a Phone call. MV needs to give a bit more attention to the BT Hub at the Turismo Veloce. But unfortunately this will take some time. They have a lot of other things to do at the moment !!

Gero
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Established Member

I had exactly the same problems with connectivity on the 2015 MTS S I owned. Next generation of bikes might get it right. Unfortunately, with the TVL, you need it to get the suspension sorted, unless you happen to be within their expected weight range (which I'm not).

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
JB8

Cheers guys, I'll have a pop at playing with it again this weekend but I agree using the TV as a BT hub just doesn't work at the mo. Evil Steve has hit the nail on the head re the suspension settings, that's the sole reason I want to link it up as you can't do it through the on bike menus.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 04:00 PM

New Site Garage
well I will try it tomorrow to connect my iPhone with the TVL I will write it down for u how to get in contact with the Italian Lady

Gero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode