A new MV TV owner. West Mids, UK. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

A new MV TV owner. West Mids, UK.

I'm delighted to report that I'm the proud owner of a brand new Turismo Veloce (red/silver). It's my first new bike and my first MV so it's all very exciting ! I previously rode a (baby) Ducati Multistrada 620 and the TV is certainly a big step up in terms of performance and braking.
I had an official MV alarm fitted by Ed Stoker (Bromyard) but this has been removed it as it was causing problems. Has anybody else experienced something similar ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:05 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome along mate, I think another member has had a bit of trouble with the alarm but he wasn't sure if it was a fault or the arm/disarm procedure, bike has a built in immobiliser, if you need noise I would use a alarmed disc lock personally. Just on my way up to Ed Cosker to pick my bike up after getting a temp sensor replaced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I beginning to suspect that the alarm/immobiliser are incompatible and so I will have to invest in some other security devices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:19 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
I'm delighted to report that I'm the proud owner of a brand new Turismo Veloce (red/silver). It's my first new bike and my first MV so it's all very exciting ! I previously rode a (baby) Ducati Multistrada 620 and the TV is certainly a big step up in terms of performance and braking.
I had an official MV alarm fitted by Ed Stoker (Bromyard) but this has been removed it as it was causing problems. Has anybody else experienced something similar ?
Hi Craig, firstly welcome to the site. I'm sort of West Midlands as well (SW Midlands really... Ledbury).

I bought my Lusso from Ed last month. Had an alarm fitted, was a requirement of my insurance company and being a factory approved plug in model I thought that it wouldn't be problematic. One of the usual problems with alarms is a few years down the line the splicing into the loom, done by the person who original fitted it, breaking down. The plug in and play, with no cutting into the bikes wiring, should be a good solution...

How wrong can you be. Mine ceased working after 2 weeks. The 'pip' on arming and the LED no longer sound/light. It's as if the unit has died. Thankfully the bike still starts and runs, I don't think it incorporates an immobiliser as the bike has one anyway. Given the fact that it still runs seems to suggest that is the case.

What are your symptoms?

Have spoken to Ed about it and will be in for the 600 mile service on Tuesday (if they have filters by then), they are going to look at the alarm then.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

It seemed completely random as to whether the alarm was set and as whether it responded to the disabling sequence. It then got worse.......I could only start the bike if I fired it up before the bike had a chance to run through its check sequence, ie I had to turn the key and hit the button immediately. So not good. I took the bike in on Saturday and they removed the alarm and are waiting for some technical feedback/advice from MV.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 07:11 AM

Be welcome to this forum from Barcelona.

Great bike and nice color scheme, no doubt. Can you post a picture?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

A very rare picture of an MV in the sunshine in the UK. A real collector's item.........!
Attached Images

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH
It seemed completely random as to whether the alarm was set and as whether it responded to the disabling sequence. It then got worse.......I could only start the bike if I fired it up before the bike had a chance to run through its check sequence, ie I had to turn the key and hit the button immediately.
Seems like different symptoms to my issue. Alarm worked OK but then just seemed to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
A very rare picture of an MV in the sunshine in the UK. A real collector's item.........!
Buy an f' off expensive bike, get a free sweat-shirt...

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 05-11-2016 at 07:30 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 09:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Have spoken to Ed about it and will be in for the 600 mile service on Tuesday (if they have filters by then), they are going to look at the alarm then.

Just been up to Eds and they are expecting filters this week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
The Following User Says Thank You to Red800 For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 10:53 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red800 View Post
Just been up to Eds and they are expecting filters this week.
Thanks Red, he did mention this on the phone. Expected doesn't mean guaranteed in my book though. Going to call and check on Monday before riding up there the next day, just in case.

Chas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode