Anyone know if there's going to be an Android version of the app? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Anyone know if there's going to be an Android version of the app?

As per thread title. Can't find any information on-line. Is there going to be an Android version of the app that connects to the datalogger and custom configuration settings of the Turismo Veloce? Quite frankly I can't stand the thought of having to get an iPhone, apologies to any Apple fan boys on here...

If not would something like a 1st gen iPad mini work? Can be had off eBay for not a lot of cash.

Have contacted MV asking if an Android version is likely.

Last edited by Bumpkin; 04-20-2016 at 06:44 AM. Reason: adding reference to model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 AM

An android version of what app ?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
As per thread title. Can't find any information on-line. Is there going to be an Android version of the app? Quite frankly I can't stand the thought of having to get an iPhone, apologies to any Apple fan boys on here...

If not would something like a 1st gen iPad mini work? Can be had off eBay for not a lot of cash.

Have contacted MV asking if an Android version is likely.
What app are you expecting an android version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
An android version of what app ?
Sorry, forgot that this would come up under new posts, posted in the Turismo Veloce forum. The Turismo Veloce Lusso has a datalogger, see about 1/3 of the way down this page. The only way to get to this data is via Bluetooth to an app. Currently only available for Apple though.

Have changed first post to mention the model, if a mod sees this please change title to "Anyone know if there's going to be an Android version of the app for the TVL?". Thanks

Last edited by Bumpkin; 04-20-2016 at 06:46 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:18 AM

New Site Garage
up to now, there is just a iOS app. Planned is to have soon also an android app, which will be delated because of the finical situation for MV Agusta....
Apparently the iOS app turismo veloce+ is not available in Germany at the moment... maybe it has to do with the bad situation as well.

Gero
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks Gero, good to know that they were actually considering doing it. Yes, it looks like the financial issues will be knocking this back along with plenty of other developments at MV. Hopefully once/if things are resolved it will happen.

No big deal, it's a nice to have option. Will check my daughter's iPhone and see if it's available in the UK.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 12:48 PM

New Site Garage
I'm sure I saw it on uk iTunes App Store but it's not there anymore, obviously Apple is one of the creditors still owed money

I did read though on here somewhere that it is so clunky and the data logging file is so large it takes a millennia to download it to the phone over Bluetooth that it's really not worth the effort? A gimmick you might try once and never bother with again?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 02:17 PM

New Site Garage
Thats true... Ankers same with me..

Gero
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
I did read though on here somewhere that it is so clunky and the data logging file is so large it takes a millennia to download it to the phone over Bluetooth that it's really not worth the effort? A gimmick you might try once and never bother with again?
Will drop EvilSteve a PM and ask him, he's used it. Might wait until I'm settled in to it first. As said it's no big deal, was just curious to give it a go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode