Footpeg on the TV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Footpeg on the TV

Does anybody know how to lower the footpegs a bit? I'am 1,85m tall and my knees are scratching at the edge of the tank.
So I wonder is there a way to lower them a bit?

Gero
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 AM

I have the same issue. You can try taking the rubber out of the footpegs - looks like that will get you a bit more legroom. There also are (expensive) aftermarket pegs that might give a bit more legroom (https://www.designcorse.com/collecti...nt=11505635137)

The other alternative, which I'm going to do first, is go with having my seat redone with about an inch more padding. That may work with the knee hitting the fairing as it will change the angle (or it may make it worse - my simulation with towels hasnt been conclusive ). With my Tiger I swapped to a taller seat and it gave me the legroom I wanted. I really don't want to lower the pegs on the TV as that will interfere with cornering.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
well... thank you for that. I will test it, to put the rubber on the footpegs ....

Gero
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 06:15 PM

Interested to hear what you think. I was going to try it, but looks like it might not be a reversible thing - the rubber retaining flange might stretch through the hole or you might need to cut it off. I didn't mess with it much.

In my case I'm interested in a tad more legroom, but really don't want to lower the pegs. The knee room I've dealt with by changing my shifting technique. I kick my knee out when I use the shifter pedal, then slide my foot back so that my knee fits below the fairing piece. In order to cock my foot to get under the shifter, it pushes my knee up and hits the fairing. Adding some padding to the saddle might help by changing the angle but I haven't experimented too much yet. I may try adding a sheepskin pad as a quick/dirty test to see if that helps.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I am not sure that this will help... I will try with the rubber, but I'm not in Hamburg at this time ... holiday in Florida. As soon I get home , I definitely will try it :-)

Gero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode