Turismo Veloce Lusso Fuel Trip - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Turismo Veloce Lusso Fuel Trip

Hello guys,
I'm new here to this forum. I having my Turismo Veloce Lusso 800 since 4 Days and some questions about it.

First of all... I love the little Italian motorcycle very much!!
Had some problems with my wrist at the old bike (Honda VFR1200FD)
so I had to decide changing the bike. Then I found the TV 800 and I fallen in love

Now my question:

1. since yesterday the Gas gauge light is on! and at the "Trip Fuel" it is counting up... so is there a way to see how many km/miles I can drive before running out of Gas completely? If not how many km/miles can I drive around until I'm running out of Gas..???

2. has anyone tried to connect the Navigation TomTom Rider 400 to the TV?
I'm having some problems to get a connection to the Navi. My Helmet and the iPhone was not a problem at all. but the Navi is freaking me out.

Sorry about my bad english, I'm a german guy and try my best..!

Thanks for any help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Established Member

Hi Gero,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new bike.
I have a standard TV, so there may be some differences, but here's what I can say in response to your questions from my experience.
1. The low fuel warning light comes on very early. The Fuel Trip does count up from when the warning light comes on. I've ridden for 50 miles (80km) after the light came on and when I filled up there was still a couple of litres left.
2. I haven't tried connecting a TomTom to the TV, but I have had issues using my phone and headset with the bike. I use an Android phone with theCoPilot navigation app, when connected via the bike there is a delay in switching on comms for routing instructions so you miss the first few words. I might go back to just pairing the phone to the headset, as I can't access the phone contact list from the TV which seems to be a known problem that MV are supposed to be working on.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Neville,

Thanks for the quick reply. That will help me out. so at least I've got plenty of time to find a petrol station.
Maybe there will be an update soon to get this sorted out with the Bluetooth.

Thank you anyway
have a nice weekend

Gero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Having run out of gas before, I get nervous about pushing it too far. I find that 150 miles from a tank is pretty reasonable unless I'm riding in a quite spunky manor. I've gone about 25 miles after the fuel light came on and wasn't on fumes, but I typically figure on stopping for gas once I'm around 150 miles.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Established Member

I generally can get 200 miles from a tank no problem. I ran the bike out of gas at 225 (got confused about how many miles I'd traveled - my mistake - luckily I was right by an exit that had a gas station on it that was DOWN HILL!). 50 miles on the reserve is pretty typical, I think. I've been tracking my milage over the last 2200 miles or so and I get about 43mpg. There are a couple of outliers in my data (75mph zone in Rain mode for 170 miles or so. I ran the bike out and needed to put 5.1gal in it.The last bar of the fuel gauge means to go get petrol like RIGHT MEOW.

I haven't had a TomTom attached either (just use my phone) but, the BlueTooth on the bike isn't great for a communication hub. I've tried it with a scala rider G9 and a Sena 10U, neither work well. The same was true for the 2015 Multistrada I had before the TV. I think bike manufacturers just don't have a good solution yet.
TPadden and TPadden like this.

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Now I am sure it wasn't my fault when the Bluetooth think want work correctly. So maybe there is an Update some time.. but as you say Steve I think they don't bother having a fully working BT.

Well at my old bike (Honda VFR1200FD) when the Gas gauge light goes on it was saying how many km/miles I can drive until empty. That was pretty good when I was driving fast it was maybe just 40km when I'm creeping down the road it was then maybe 85km. So it was changing all the time when I was changing the speed.

But hey Ho u can not get everything

I took a test drive yesterday with some fuel in the pannier. I was running out at 78km - 49miles so that pretty long enough to find a gas station anyway.

Boooris runs out of fuel on one of his video as well... funny guy but a bit to nervous when he is driving

I love my Italian sexy bike and hope I having not so much problems with it as Boris had before.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Established Member

Obviously it depends on the type of riding you're doing. On the freeway just cruising, you can get some good distance out of the bike. Get in the twisties and you're going to need to pay more attention.

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
yes I know, I've done a test ride wich has all the different type of driving, so I can at least go 40 miles to find a gas station. It is just useful to know if you are in a foreign country. Or somewhere in the middle of nowhere!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:23 PM

New Site Garage
Personally I wouldn't trust a 40 mile range from counter.
I know I would have run out before 40 miles on at least one occasion, It could end up being a long long walk. best thing to do is carry a fuel can with you and ride it until empty then it will give you an idea how long you can travel with your style riding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:28 PM

Also don't forget taking weather conditions into account. My worst out-of-fuel was due to me not taking head and crosswinds into account. Amazing how much that can impact your mileage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode