shift lever adjustment - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

shift lever adjustment

Anyone done a shift lever adjustment? The bottom of the rod is the typical setup (10mm nut, 11mm end), but the top goes into the quick shift unit. It looks like it is a lock nut and threaded end, but it also has yellow paint marking the position from factory assembly so I didn't want to go messing about without double-checking with random strangers on the interwebs

I just need it raised about 1/8-1/4" to change my ankle angle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 02:38 AM

As far as I know, you loosen the two lock nuts at each end of the threaded rod (remember one is a left hand thread), turn the rod to adjust the location/height of the gear lever and then tighten the two lock nuts. Not quite sure of where the two lock nuts are as I don't have a quick shifter but the principle is the same. If you can't adjust the gear lever to the desired position then remove the gear linkage from the shaft and relocate it one or two knotches and then readjust the threaded rod. Remember that you need a few threads into the threaded rod or else it might fall out. check any nuts haven't come loose after a few kms just in case
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 05:11 AM

New Site Garage
Yup, like that

But, because you have a QS too, the wire will wind up around the rod.
So, mark the position of the shift arm on the splines before you remove it at the top.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 12:55 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
But, because you have a QS too, the wire will wind up around the rod.

So, mark the position of the shift arm on the splines before you remove it at the top.

Excuse me if I'm being dumb here Donsy but if you loosen off the lock nuts at the bottom of the shift rod and the one below the quickshifter unit then when you turn the rod to make the adjustment it won't wrap the shifter wire around the rod?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 04:40 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
Excuse me if I'm being dumb here Donsy but if you loosen off the lock nuts at the bottom of the shift rod and the one below the quickshifter unit then when you turn the rod to make the adjustment it won't wrap the shifter wire around the rod?
You're perfectly right Chris.
But I'd be reluctant to unwind it from the QS module, simply because you usualy have more spare thread on the rose joints side.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 02-26-2016 at 04:44 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Since I want to raise the lever up a bit, it is essentially shortening the arm so should be ok on threads.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 03:24 PM

Adjusted mine some time ago simply loosen the locknuts top and bottom of the connecting rod and adjust accordingly.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benner View Post
Adjusted mine some time ago simply loosen the locknuts top and bottom of the connecting rod and adjust accordingly.
Did you do the lower half (below the QS) or the whole thing?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 09:26 PM

New Site Garage
Nostatic, undo them all and see where you have the most spare thread, that's what I'd do and its your safest option.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Looks to be easiest to do the lower half. The one thing that gave me pause was the yellow paint marking the bolt/nut position where it enters the QS module. Usually that's on pieces that I don't mess with. A man's gotta know his limitations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode