Test Ride at Last - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Test Ride at Last

Finally got around to taking a silver TV (non-Lusso) for a test burn today.

Basically, everything I have read here has been verified. It's a good bike for sure. Felt light and agile through the corners but pretty stable on the highway too. That roughness the motor seems to have on the bottom of the rev range is kinda cool to listen too, once I figured out what was going on - at first I thought it was related to the clutch.

Quickshifter is a nice toy but takes a bit of getting used to. Shifts nice with the clutch too. Feels a bit notchy using the QShifter. Is that normal? I found it upshifted well at part throttle too.

I used the Touring and Sport maps. Both felt pretty good to me. Pick up off a closed throttle pretty good, but not up to the standard of my old CB1100F with CR Special carbs on it, but that's the way things are these days it seems.

Question: Do both versions of the TV have the same dash? I have seen colour screens on the net, but the bike I rode was monochrome.

My only complaint might be the extra dough I'll have to cough up for the bags, and I think I'm going to have to unleash some more sound from the motor and put an exhaust on it. IF I buy, two more bikes to try first...

'83 CB1100F
'85 RZ350
'07 CB1300S (on the chopping block if I buy an MV!)
'14 Harley Sportster 72 (proud and ashamed of it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 05:43 AM

Qshifter, i think it was originally meant only as an equipment you use when in hurry. Dont think any gearbox will work smoothly on low revs with the shifter. They always clunk. But i have only driven an Beemer and Ducati with a Qshifter, so could be wrong.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:37 AM

Weird about the screen - maybe there is a monochrome mode? They should all have the same screen - just that the regular TV won't use some of the display (suspension setup).

I put down a deposit for a silver one, dealer is looking for one. When I test rode it, it felt a little notchy but I chalk that up to being a brand new bike. My Triumph XRx was a bit notchy at first, after a few K miles it got smooth as silk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, on reflection, it was a bright sunny day so maybe the colours were a bit washed out.

I know these screens are everywhere now, and this is probably making me sound old, but I can't help the feeling that I get the best info at a glance from two nice round dials for speed and revs. The screen, IMO, should be an add-on for all the extra info. I found the tach was particularly useless at a quick glance for revs. Maybe onscreen is ok, but it should just be bigger and more obvious. Just my opinion, and this issue certainly won't stop me from getting a TV once my test ride dance card has been exhausted.

Really the only reason I care about my speed is to save my license. You can feel the speed and revs are right, but you can't be sure it's legal - probably the only reason we ever look down!

'83 CB1100F
'85 RZ350
'07 CB1300S (on the chopping block if I buy an MV!)
'14 Harley Sportster 72 (proud and ashamed of it!)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 12:57 AM

I like the setup on my Tiger - tach is analog and speedo is digital (and big numbers). I find that to be a pretty easy mix to glance at.

Back in the day when I was racing an old 911 (which has the tach in the middle - where it belongs), I turned the tach so that redline was at 12:00. Wa very easy to know when I was about to bounce off the rev limiter. Analog is great for scanning and getting info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode