standard sport map set - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

standard sport map set

Hi,
for all that ask "how is set the standard sport map on mvtv base ?" this is what MV Agusta answer me.
Emanuele

Gentile Sig. Emanuele,
di seguito potrÓ trovare i parametri della mappa Sport:

gas sensivity HIGH
max engine torque Full Power
engine brake Low
engine response Fast
rpm limiter hard

Cordiali saluti,

Customer Care MV Agusta/Cagiva
MV AGUSTA Motor S.p.A. Via G. Macchi, 144 - 21100 Varese
Office Phone +39.0332.254.421 Numero Verde Italia 800364406 Fax +39.0332.329.379
www.mvagusta.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Established Member

Interesting that they'd do the hard rev limiter.

I've been wanting MV to allow us to edit the default options since I don't really like the high sensitivity setting.

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Interesting that they'd do the hard rev limiter.

I've been wanting MV to allow us to edit the default options since I don't really like the high sensitivity setting.
Can't you make the custom map be the sport map except with the medium sensitivity for gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 01:49 PM

You are right Lion yes you can choose settings in custom map, gas sensitivity being one, I think Steve was indicating he would like more free play within the pre set limits offered.

Having now ridden the bike a good bit I cannot fault the pre set modes MV have chosen, the touring mode works just great for commuting and general riding, the sport mode works well when you want to shift along a bit. If I need more than thee offerings I have chosen the wrong bike to ride and need one of our Brutales or the F4 1000R !

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Can't you make the custom map be the sport map except with the medium sensitivity for gas?
I want to use my custom map for other stuff, not to "fix" the sport mode's overly sensitive throttle.

For me, the "high" setting on gas sensitivity isn't something I like to use but, otherwise I'd be fine with the sport setting even with the hard rev limiter.

What I want to know is which suspension setting is used for the sport mode when you switch to it. The suspension can be changed separately but, when it's set for the custom map, it stays with the map until you select something else so, where does the sport mode's setting come from?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
I want to use my custom map for other stuff, not to "fix" the sport mode's overly sensitive throttle.

For me, the "high" setting on gas sensitivity isn't something I like to use but, otherwise I'd be fine with the sport setting even with the hard rev limiter.

What I want to know is which suspension setting is used for the sport mode when you switch to it. The suspension can be changed separately but, when it's set for the custom map, it stays with the map until you select something else so, where does the sport mode's setting come from?
1. I thought the TV engine maps and suspension maps were independent of each other (as opposed to the Multistrada's package - motor and suspension for each of the four riding mode).

2. Can you set and save various engine and suspension maps on the app and then apply them when you want/need them as a custom map (meaning you would have several custom maps saved as engine and suspension maps)?

3. Yes, one advantage of the Multistrada's system is that you have four baselines (sport, touring, urban and enduro) which are customizable and stay the way you want until you mess with it again (but not to the detail of customization/variables the TV offers).

Last edited by Lion; 12-16-2015 at 09:02 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Established Member

Hey Lion, that was my understanding as well, however, when you set an independent suspension setting, you still have to associate that suspension set with a ride mode. So, conceptually, you can change between several suspension sets (as well as the hard coded soft/medium/hard) BUT you only do that through the settings menu which you can't do while you're moving so, there are two problems here. First, if I want to change my suspension settings on any map, I need to stop and go to neutral (well, you don't *have* to stop, lol) in order to get into the settings menu. Second is that, when you go to change that suspension setting, you go to the "custom map" configuration which doesn't impact your stock rider modes.

For me, I think MV should ditch the "speed limiter" item on the dash and replace it with suspension settings which would then allow you to *ACTUALLY* change suspension modes on the fly. You *can* dynamically change loading modes (+passenger/+luggage) which, based on the fact that there's no electronic preload setting, makes exactly the same changes as a suspension setting change would so there doesn't seem to be any technical reason MV couldn't allow those changes.

Unlike Ducati's version of skyhook (remember, this is MV's version of the same system from Sachs), you don't set different settings for the load modes, you just click and they do magic. I've been told also that the MV system doesn't use clickers so, we're talking about a totally different way of configuring suspension which I'm only just getting my head around (you can have fast/soft, for example).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode