Turismo Veloce Lusso - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Turismo Veloce Lusso

Hey Guys,

I doubt I'm the first but, I have a 2016 Turismo Veloce Lusso now (just over 150 miles on it as of October 30th 2015). Happy to answer questions if people have them and, I'll likely add my thoughts to this thread (rather than the pictures thread).

I traded my 2015 Ducati Multistrada S Touring (had a bunch of issues with what could have been Ducati's best bike) for the TVL, I had a 2012 MTS S Touring that I put 17k miles on prior to the 2015.

So far, I think I'll be getting the integrated tail light in addition to the turn signals on the bike since they're so low. I'll get a screen for it that's a little higher (or maybe just a lip) - the low setting is smooth wind in the face, the high setting could do with a little more protection - and I'm hoping that MV updates the bike to enable you to use cruise control in gears other than 6th.

So far, very happy with the bike, it's pretty and the fit and finish are very good.

Dan
Attached Images

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

Last edited by EvilSteve; 10-30-2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: #REASONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:36 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Hey Guys,

So far, I think I'll be getting the integrated tail light in addition to the turn signals on the bike since they're so low. I'll get a screen for it that's a little higher (or maybe just a lip) - the low setting is smooth wind in the face, the high setting could do with a little more protection - and I'm hoping that MV updates the bike to enable you to use cruise control in gears other than 6th.

Dan

I cant disagree with you on the screen Dan, I have mailed MRA and they are gonna look at it again at the EICMA show and told me to contact them in 4-5 weeks. I think puig make 2 types of lip for the OEM screen, and I think someone said they were making a replacement screen as well.
Can I ask if or where you seen an integrated tail light, their is nothing on the special parts about it.

Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Hey Guys,

I doubt I'm the first but, I have a 2016 Turismo Veloce Lusso now (just over 150 miles on it as of October 30th 2015). Happy to answer questions if people have them and, I'll likely add my thoughts to this thread (rather than the pictures thread).

I traded my 2015 Ducati Multistrada S Touring (had a bunch of issues with what could have been Ducati's best bike) for the TVL, I had a 2012 MTS S Touring that I put 17k miles on prior to the 2015.

So far, very happy with the bike, it's pretty and the fit and finish are very good.

Dan
Looks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 PM

Yeah I've never seen turn signals so low on a touring bike. Very cool bike!
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

@Red800 - I haven't seen an integrated light yet, just waiting for it to be released. I forgot the Puig had already got the lips done, maybe I'll order one of those.

post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Went for a ride, dragged a knee, had a lol. This thing is pretty fun.
Attached Images

post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:35 PM

New Site Garage
Very nice mate, now add some pics in the picture thread too please.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have 4 in there so far, I'll add these in for you as well, then. :-)

post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 PM

How is the power and different riding modes? How is the seat height and comfort. How tall are you?

How's the electronic suspension? Anything you don't like? What's the deal with the GPS integration? Any thoughts on the quickshifter?
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

The power is pretty great, loads of torque. I need to get out of the habit of shifting so early though... used to a big twin. ;-)

I do notice a difference in the riding modes but mostly with the throttle and engine response. I've been playing with the different maps in the app which let you have any number of configurations for engine and suspension all mixed together. I went on a very narrow back road today that's very bumpy. Soft/Fast worked for that, Medium/Fast for smooth road twisties. I need some help to set my sag though. Have to do that before I can really start playing.

Seat is tall for sure but, not that big a deal. I'm 5'9" and have a 30" inseam (I weigh ~155lbs and have really long arms, as well +3 ape index). If I scoot all the way forward on the seat, I can get my heels on the ground, otherwise it's comfortable balls of feet on both sides. Seat comfort is good, though.

The data logger is a gps data logger that records data from your rides. So, you turn on the datalogger (use the menus in the bike, go do the datalogger and enable it) and, when you turn it off (I'm sure it'll time out if you leave the bike off long enough but I'm not sure on that) the bike has recorded your route, throttle opening, lean angle, speed, total distance, max speed, max lean angle, max throttle, total duration. The cool thing about this is that it's stored in the bike so, you don't need to have the app running at all. You connect the app up when you're ready and it'll download your routes to the app. So, you can get to a twisty section, enable, gun about like an idiot, then disable and you'll have a separate entry to download when you get the chance.

The quick shifter is pretty great, actually, I'm kinda stoked on it. When I want to gun along, it works pretty well. Sometimes, when I get the loading just right (or wrong as the case may be) it doesn't want to downshift but otherwise, it's pretty epic burning along and hitting those shifts like I know what I'm doing. I've really only tried the Ducati quick shifter on the 1299 other than this though, so I'm not sure what "good" is.

So far, I think the gas sensitivity is still a bit much, there needs to be more dead space programmed into the throttle, you can manage it of course but, it shouldn't take this long to recalibrate (myself) IMO. I'm pretty much used to the clutch already but, it's a weird one. The bike seems to get hot pretty easy but, it seems like that's a known problem with the MVs from reading this forum. I really do wish they'd got the pre-load adjustable Sachs shock like the Multistrada, that thing is pretty great. I can honestly say that the 2015 MTS S has better suspension than this. It's just turn the key and go. All the modes have a very different feel to them and the suspension is just plusher feeling over all. The way the cruise control is implemented is ok except for the requirement to be in 6th gear, that's just dumb. I'd like for there to be bump controls like normal cruise control but, I'm just glad there's cruise control. I have version 1.04 firmware on my bike, updated on June 24th 2015 so, I'm hoping there's a new one soon that'll allow me to have my dash color set via the ambient light sensor since it's in the manual that the bike does that but it's not actually an option when you go to set it. The menus themselves are a bit weird, I think they could do a better job with them but they're functional.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode