My quick opinion. - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
My quick opinion.

I picked up my silver TV 800 this week and have put about 330 miles on it. So far it has been great. Even without getting into the top end of the rpm range I can tell this bikes power will out pace my abilities for a while. I rode it two up for the first 200 miles and it handled it well. The wife said there was a fair amount of vibration through the seat and pegs, but the seat was comfortable for her. I really enjoyed the cruise control and the fact it can be selected from either hand, and you can adjust the speed incrementally with the left hand. Overall I really like the light flick-able nature of the TV 800, but the light steering can lead to some jittery activity on the highway as the wind catches your arms.

The rider seat is very comfortable and wide towards the back. The ergonomics are great for me. I am very happy with how the silver looks on the bike. One other problem I had was a difficulty getting the Bluetooth to pair, I haven't dug into the manual on it, but it wasn't as easy as just walking up to the bike and pairing.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It is a U.S. Spec model for those stateside that haven't seen one yet.
Attached Images
 
Kpro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpro View Post
I picked up my silver TV 800 this week and have put about 330 miles on it. So far it has been great. Even without getting into the top end of the rpm range I can tell this bikes power will out pace my abilities for a while. I rode it two up for the first 200 miles and it handled it well. The wife said there was a fair amount of vibration through the seat and pegs, but the seat was comfortable for her. I really enjoyed the cruise control and the fact it can be selected from either hand, and you can adjust the speed incrementally with the left hand. Overall I really like the light flick-able nature of the TV 800, but the light steering can lead to some jittery activity on the highway as the wind catches your arms.

The rider seat is very comfortable and wide towards the back. The ergonomics are great for me. I am very happy with how the silver looks on the bike. One other problem I had was a difficulty getting the Bluetooth to pair, I haven't dug into the manual on it, but it wasn't as easy as just walking up to the bike and pairing.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It is a U.S. Spec model for those stateside that haven't seen one yet.
Thank you. What about vibration for the rider? I hear there is some vibration at the seat. Nice to know cruise control can be adjusted from both sides of the handlebar. Details that give the impression it is a well thought out bike.
Lion is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 685
congrats! red frames are the best!

didnt u find the brakes grabby when stopping for a light? i cant modulate it to be comfortable yet, maybe the front forks are too soft and diving, so braking is more pronounced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpro View Post
I picked up my silver TV 800 this week and have put about 330 miles on it. ....

Brutale910
johnsk6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Thank you. What about vibration for the rider? I hear there is some vibration at the seat. Nice to know cruise control can be adjusted from both sides of the handlebar. Details that give the impression it is a well thought out bike.
There is some vibration in the pegs and seat. The seat is less noticeable than the pegs. It wasn't so much that it was bothersome. I care more about the bars vibrating since the mirrors are mounted and your hands are always on the bars.
Kpro is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsk6 View Post
congrats! red frames are the best!

didnt u find the brakes grabby when stopping for a light? i cant modulate it to be comfortable yet, maybe the front forks are too soft and diving, so braking is more pronounced.
The brakes are definitely grab by when coming to a stop, there has been a couple of times it stopped a little faster than I was ready for. I am either getting used to it or it is getting better though because I haven't had it happen the last few rides.
Kpro is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome