MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Little Help Please?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Matt M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2much View Post
Hmmmmm!!
Ducati's equivalent model would be the Streetfighter 1098S. If you go on Cycle Trader asking prices for 2010 and 2011 SF1098S are in the $13k-$15k.
Compared to the Brutale 1090RR, the SF is an ill handling, uncomfortable, ugly, and unrefined motorcycle. The Brutale is 10 times the bike that the SF could only dream to be - that is my opinion.
Having said that, I find that a newer (2012), clean 1090RR is worth every bit of $14k.

Unfortunately, used Brutales (and MVs in general) are way underpriced, considering how good these bikes really are. Resale values are low and it is to a big part because long time MV owners such as the ones responding to this thread, are supporting the excessive devaluation of these absolutely brilliant motorcycles.

It's the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. By endorsing these crappy low resale values, these owners are very effectively devaluing their own motorcycles/possessions.

I am not sure who is served well by this, but based on any models I have studied in business school (BA & MBA) and using a good dose of common sense, this is simply piss poor business practice that makes no financial sense.

As long as "experts" and owners support this crazy devaluation, there is one more reason why MV Agusta and our beloved bikes will continuously struggle to be taken serious and gain the respect that they so much deserve in the motorcycle industry.

To the original question specifically, one thing is for sure, even if you pay the 14k for the bike, you will never regret the money you spent on this bike - it is so incredibly good and rewarding!!!
I'm sorry, I can't disagree more with any of this. Other than the Duc Streetfighter isn't half the bike the Brutale is. You can buy a brand new leftover here in the U.S. for less than $14,000. Never, ever pay more than what something is worth if you can, especially if that item is still going to be manufactured in the near future.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome