MV Agusta Forum banner

Good News

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jdog 
#1 ·
My headlite lens fell off last month. Just found out today that they are going to cover it under warranty just waiting for stock to arrive. They are US$600 down here. Anyone got any ideas on how to prevent it happening again other than buying a jappa.

#4 ·
Kiwidoc said:
My headlite lens fell off last month. Just found out today that they are going to cover it under warranty just waiting for stock to arrive. They are US$600 down here. Anyone got any ideas on how to prevent it happening again other than buying a jappa.
Nate in Florida wrote.."the solution is the RTV sealant ON TOP of the silicone already there, don't scarape it off. The silicone there kinda acts as a grip already, as well as an additional bonding surface for the RTV sealant."

I have tried this fix. I used Permatex Clear RTC Silicon Adhesive Sealant. It costs about $5. Once the sealant is placed and the excess is wiped off it looks good. Only time will tell how well it works but intuitively it seems like a good idea.

#5 ·
Street Fighter said:
My headlight on my 910S fell out two weeks ago. It also will be covered under warranty. IT DAMM BETTER BE. Where are you.
I'm in New Zealand only four 910R's here I've met one of them (Finn) who loaned me a cracked one until I sort my problem out, one other has just been sold 200kms away and one for sale 1000km away so "Midnight spares are difficult. But Finn is the closest but I think he would notice, if my problem was solved and he all of a sudden had the same problem. Oh well it doesn't alter the awesome handling. Not a problem aye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.