MV Agusta Forum banner

New guy here with a question

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Been lurking for a few weeks and thought i'd say hey.

I have a question that i couldn't find through the search feature. Granted i'm not the best at that kind of thing, so please keep that in mind when you read my question.

Are the 5 star rims on the agusta interchangable with the 5 spoke ducati rims? Not sure of all the models these fit on for each manufacturer, but i'm speaking of the wheel sets that came on the bikes set up with the SSSA.

#3 ·
I can tell you that the axle pin on my Ducati rear stand is smaller than the pin on my MV rear stand, so my assumption would be that no, they are not interchangable with different axle diameters. But I know there are people that own both brands on this board that should be able to verify. I traded in my 996 for my Brutale so I can't check.

#5 ·
varium said:
Hello everyone. Been lurking for a few weeks and thought i'd say hey.

I have a question that i couldn't find through the search feature. Granted i'm not the best at that kind of thing, so please keep that in mind when you read my question.

Are the 5 star rims on the agusta interchangable with the 5 spoke ducati rims? Not sure of all the models these fit on for each manufacturer, but i'm speaking of the wheel sets that came on the bikes set up with the SSSA.
Welcome VARIUM!!!!
Ciao from Italy.
Pier

#6 ·
JamesC said:
I think, as above, they are different diameter axles but if I remember correctly there is some sort of Ducati Corse axle of the same diameter as the MV? Maybe 998R?? Not positive.
R is standard. 998RS would be Corse or race axle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.