MV Agusta Forum banner

Ducati Brutale???!!!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Red Enough 
#1 ·
Me and my wife were out for a ride on our Brute's, when we stopped for lunch, three seasoned German bikers came over to admire our bikes. One asked what they were, but noticed the Brutale badges before we could answer, then said to his mates "Look at these Ducati Brutales,very nice!!"
My jaw hit the floor. Come on now, Brutale and Ducati! I had to put them straight and tell them that these are Mv Agusta's, which pretty much just got blank stares. Maybe they're selling some weird combinations in Germany!!! (We live just across the border in Holland).

#2 ·
Madjock,
We have a saying down my way "you cannot educate pork".
jimboF4

#6 ·
That would make them Brutatis...or in plural, Brutatas! Or they could be Ductale

#7 ·
Yeah..my Brutale was up for it's MOT a few weeks ago and while it was being inspected two other 'technicians' came over and said.. ''Hey nice Ducati''.......I.., (the customer) informed them ''It's an MV Agusta'' and pointed to the badge on the tank and 'MV Agusta' on the exhaust cans.

They just looked at me and said...''nice anyway''...and walked away!

These are the people 'inspecting' your bike for a living!!!??:stickpoke
Brian:).

#9 ·
^ i tried that once at a Harley dealer. It was kinda funny. I was in a pinch to get a battery quick and only the Harley dealer was open. I went in with my old battery and the guy laughed at me and said

"whats that from a scooter?"

Me: No its from a MV Agusta.

Him: What the fuck is that?

Me: Its owned by Harley Davidson.

Him: Well I never fucking heard of it. Go get a scooter battery from Wal-Mart.

#10 ·
what kind of bike?

wait until you're wearing a set of the red LookWell MV leathers and they ask......"What kind of bike is that?"

i hold my forearm out......it has written in leather 'MV Agusta' on it

then i point to the emblem on my chest done in 5 colors of leather (the cog emblem)

"see the big silver 'M' and black 'V', under the emblem????

usually they figure it out:drummer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.