I'm done - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:09 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDravis View Post
Only very few of the owners of Reliable "Trepistoni MV's" take the time to write about all the problems they do NOT have .. They just ride ..

It's only natural that those who DO have recurring problems, wil spend time writing about it, asking questions, complaining and in some cases slagging both the make and model that they were unlucky with..

The "inherent unreliability" of the 3-cylinder MV's may yet turn out to be "not really that bad" once the real world numbers are tallied up. I personally know 7 owners of 3-cylinder "new" MV's only one of them has had recurring problems, the others have has maybe 1 minor fault, most of them quickly fixed under warranty. In total no worse than the BMW owners I know .. Only real difference being waiting times for parts, which has been an issue for MV.
I absolutely agree, but "not really that bad" and "no worse than XYZ" will not enough if you don't have proper spare parts logistics and a fair coverage with dealerships. The BMW example is perfect, these machines are far from defect free, but once your BMW bike conks out, BMW arranges for you to get going right away. This is of course not the path that MV Agusta can go, but continuous improvement not only in the performance sense, but also in regards to reliability is imperative. And from my (of course limited) experience MV has finally realized it and are working on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 05:13 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
You can always stick to the 4-cylinders from the mid 00'es -- My 750SR is the 2. most reliable bike I've ever owned -- Singularly most reliable bike was my 1989 Honda VFR 750 .. 55.000 miles+ with not a single problem. That bike was sold to a friend who still has it -- Its now at 160000 miles -no engine rebuild -- Has worn away 4 sets of front discs :-D

"There is no law of Nature, requiring the Universe to make sense"
"103% of all people do not understand Statistics"
"Sapere Aude -- Dare to KNOW!"
-- DKDravis --
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
So I sold the Stradale (well part exchanged it).
(snip)
Beautiful but delicate.
kinda like many, many Italian made things? My new(ish) Alex Duetto espresso machine randomly drips from holes I didn't know it had, my brother's Guzzi is a leaky whore, etc. etc.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience though. Surely the new Japanese steed will give you thousands of cheaper, more reliable miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode