Stradale headlamp upgrade - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Stradale headlamp upgrade

Hi all has anyone got any info on possible main / dip upgrades - the standard light is to say the least poor. Any help would be much appreciated cheers Graham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:49 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
You could probably replace the main bulb with an LED type, but I doubt you would get a very good spread of light, however it would certainly get you noticed when following traffic.

I've considered doing it if nothing to match the LED lights on the hand guards, as I find it looks a bit odd with a yellow light in the centre and blue lights at the sides.

I don't actually ride in the winter so don't need to worry about the brightness of the light at night, so it's more for aesthetic really.

HID is probably also an option, but you might find a similar problem with the light pattern (as well as blinding other road users).

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks much as I thought probably no real answer to the problem. I have a service booked mid October and will probably have to ride in the dark to get home - will ask the dealer and let you know if they come up with anything cheers Graham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 04:28 PM

New Site Garage
Have replaced the standard headlight with an LED globe on my Rivale. Went from standard to HID conversion kit from MV. Lasted just over a yr til the globe went. Was absolutely brilliant light output for night riding. Just couldn't justify spending another $500 for a replacement kit, as the globes from MV aren't sold separately.

Was given an LED globe from a dealer to try. Must say I should've done this from the start. Has about the same light output as HID for half the price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode