Rivale mods - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Rivale mods

Greets, crowd!

Now that I've ridden my new bike all of three times, the inevitable questions have arisen:

What more can I spend on this bike to make it even better??

The answer, as always: a lot!

Highest on my list are:

Mirrors: yes I'll be doing some lane splitting and could do with shorter width, but more to the point I find them VERY difficult to judge distance with, too low down, add some very heavy vibes in typical traffic-cruising rpm make it difficult to see just what it was you just passed, and.. they've got to go.

I've got eyes on Rizoma adapters and mirrors, but: is there a known, good solution to blanking off the bar ends once the stock mirrors come off?

Seat cover: personal preference, no doubt, but: I'd appreciate another inch or so to slide my butt back on and could do with some reupholstering-any particularly good experiences here? I see that Luimoto make some tasty options.. red/silver/black in particular!

Rear brake: I've tried 3 Rivales, and the rear has been rear to non-existent on all! Is this common? Will definitely not be doing any of the sliding into corners that I've been seeing in YouTube with that!

Tank cap: seen chips on a few of these since they appear to be endowed with a modest amount of paint... silly really. Again, is this something that is widely known about,

Inevitably... exhaust!

Looking for something which retains the all-important tre-organ pipe style. I guess options are Bodis, FM, QD & corse tre hydro.
The latter are very tasty, particularly in black!
What are your experiences with build quality, and not least, the durability of ceramic coating? I'm also skeptical towards the regal tips of the QDs, in terms of durability and discoloration.

Your input please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan
Southern Norway
2014 flat-bar, naked F3-like thingy with mx-style rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 12:56 PM

New Site Garage
Very happy with the Hydro Tre on my Turismo. It's the stainless version with carbon heat shield though, not the ceramic black.

There has been a little discolouration but a polish with Autosol has resolved that. Not an easy option on the black finish if that happens. Build quality is very good. Given the choice again I wouldn't choose differently.

My concern with a black finish is long term durability of the finish. If there's a matt aspect to it it will, I imagine, look dull with extended use/exposure to the elements.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cheers, one question about your exhaust: I think I read in another post that your homologated pipes did not have removable baffles, and that you'd have to angle grind or drill out rivets?

Not that I really need to, I guess that it's the old Ducatisti in me that's looking for open pipes, but they are a no no at track days, and I expect a B3 with open pipes on full would be politely shown off track if the stockers are indicative...

Jonathan
Southern Norway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 04:43 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Welcome Eljono.

I actually like the mirrors on my Rivale. They are certainly better than the stock mirrors on my Aprilia RSV. They are wide for filtering though. If I was going to replace them I would definitely go down the Rizoma route.

No issues with my back brake in 5500 miles.

I have the QD exhaust in black finish. Love the look and the sound. Too loud with all three baffles removed but okay with one removed. The black finish which is advertised as ceramic is more like paint and in common with many owners have found it flaking off. The warranty is voided by removing the baffles so be warned. I’m happy with the exhaust other than that and intend to get it properly ceramic coated at the end of the summer season.
Attached Images

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory

Last edited by colinpp; 07-24-2017 at 04:45 PM.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:05 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljono View Post
Cheers, one question about your exhaust: I think I read in another post that your homologated pipes did not have removable baffles, and that you'd have to angle grind or drill out rivets?
The baffles, just the two upper pipes of the three, are easily removable.

The baffles are retained by Allen bolts that are accessed from the inner side of each pipe, no need for wheel removal to do this. I presume to acknowledge in theory the type approval (baffles are fixed in place) these Allen bolts have a small tack weld that is broken just by turning the bolt with a regular key.

I removed mine out of curiosity but replaced them as I prefer my bikes not to be obnoxiously loud.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpp View Post
Welcome Eljono.

I actually like the mirrors on my Rivale. They are certainly better than the stock mirrors on my Aprilia RSV. They are wide for filtering though. If I was going to replace them I would definitely go down the Rizoma route.

No issues with my back brake in 5500 miles.

I have the QD exhaust in black finish. Love the look and the sound. Too loud with all three baffles removed but okay with one removed. The black finish which is advertised as ceramic is more like paint and in common with many owners have found it flaking off. The warranty is voided by removing the baffles so be warned. Iím happy with the exhaust other than that and intend to get it properly ceramic coated at the end of the summer season.

They look nice! Design Corse are giving a 20% discount on retail at the moment for their current stock. Did you have to remap or reset anything on the ECU?

Jonathan
Southern Norway
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
The baffles, just the two upper pipes of the three, are easily removable.

The baffles are retained by Allen bolts that are accessed from the inner side of each pipe, no need for wheel removal to do this. I presume to acknowledge in theory the type approval (baffles are fixed in place) these Allen bolts have a small tack weld that is broken just by turning the bolt with a regular key.

I removed mine out of curiosity but replaced them as I prefer my bikes not to be obnoxiously loud.

Ah ok, got it.

Agree about sound- especially during longer trips. The bike is a little obnoxious, though, and therefore suited

Jonathan
Southern Norway
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 05:43 AM

New Site Garage
Put a Puig screen on, a little less wind. Still makes the bike sexy!
Attached Images

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Greg, hadn't seen your post... looks to be a nice fit, for sure! May I ask what type of luggage you're toting on that picture? I've been looking around not been able to find anything if suitable size and fit. Looked at saddlebags for a bit but realized that you can't get enough support from those curved taillight panels. Looks like a solid tail pack and tank bag are the go.

Jonathan
Southern Norway
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:24 PM

New Site Garage
I've done:
- Zero Exhaust
- MV Racing Air Filter
- Tidy Tail to get rid of the hideous license plate thing
- Carbon Belly Pan
- Carbon Side pieces
- Carbon small front fairing
- Carbon rear tire fender
- Carbon key guard
- MV Corse Seat
Eljono and Eljono like this.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
The Following User Says Thank You to italia For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode