Is this the end of the Stradale? - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
No, the Rivale uses the basic EAS 1.0 quickshifter which only works when shifting up a gear. Not sure if it makes any difference but it also has a cable actuated clutch rather than hydraulic.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:37 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpp View Post
No, the Rivale uses the basic EAS 1.0 quickshifter which only works when shifting up a gear. Not sure if it makes any difference but it also has a cable actuated clutch rather than hydraulic.
Sorry, thought, given the thread title, we were talking about the Stradale which apparently does have EAS 2.0?

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
My mistake Chas. I misread the previous post and thought they were comparing the TV quickshifter with the Rivale one.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:40 AM

New Site Garage
Never had any issues with my quickshifter on my Stradale, Gas position error on the other hand

Been into the dealers, they re loaded the fuel map and reset the throttle position, that didn't fix it so they had it back and waterproofed all the connectors on the loom and while it was in they decided the sprag clutch was on its way out (not that I had noticed any starting issues?) so they replaced that too while it was in.

Bike ran fine on the 30min trip back from the dealers, not ridden it since though as it's 1deg outside and I'm a wuss
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpp View Post
Yes the Rivale isn't particularly practical - just great fun. I'm a member of the Rivale and Stradale group on Facebook and not surprisingly both models seem more popular in Italy and on the continent.
Colin, are those sales numbers total to date for each model? If so it's no surprise people keep saying "I haven't seen one of those before" about my TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Wondering why as they both use the same EAS 2.0 system?

Unless you mean the QS on my particular TV which has been non functional for the last 4000 miles
Chas, my quickshifter is playing up again. That's the third QS switch unit that's failed. Thinking about trying an HM one.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
The website states these are the numbers of licensed bikes, i.e. those that have current road tax. It does say that the figures are as accurate as they can get. I did notice looking at my registration document that my Rivale is shown as an S3 under model with no mention anywhere of the Rivale name so I guess my bike isn't included in that tally. It's probably more useful to compare the relative numbers between different models - easy to spot which are the most popular.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:03 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6ymy View Post
Chas, my quickshifter is playing up again. That's the third QS switch unit that's failed. Thinking about trying an HM one.
Sorry to hear that Neville. Did you do the smear of silicone on the wire entry point? Is the HM one a straight replacement sensor or a whole new system?

Will be interested to hear how you get on if you go down that route.

Ed Coskers never really did anything about mine, something of an enpasse between Ed and Jay in the workshop, they disagreed as to what was the cause. Anyway, going to Motocorsa near Salisbury once my HP Corse exhaust arrives there from Italy, they said it will need an alternate map. They are going to check my QS then and, if they can confirm what's wrong, will submit the claim with MV and hopefully get the parts in time for my service which is booked with them in late April. They're also going to be doing the clutch service bulletin and, if necessary, the preloaded adjuster bracket service bulletin as well.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:30 AM

New Site Garage
If you are thinking about going with your own QS I can recommend Cordona. Had theirs fitted to my Brutale 800 which didn't come with a QS. Great piece of kit that was just plug and play. You could set it up to work in either direction (push or pull) but you'd have to check with them if it will work in both directions simutainiously, as you will need that on a TV or Stradale?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:53 AM

I had the TV and, compared to the Stradale I have now the, quickshifter was no where near as good. I would expect it would be better now. I had one, if not the first, in the UK. Just, in my opinion the engine suits the Stradale to a tee and the QS is smooth as silk. I can see why it's not sold. First time I rode it I couldn't see the point of it. On the second ride, I realised it had been in rain mode the first time. Once I put it in sport and thrashed its nuts off then it came alive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode