My Stradale opinion - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

My Stradale opinion

Hi guys, I'm a new member to the forum and a new Stradale owner (2 months) and have done 3000kms as far

Likes;
- Design Absolute motorcycle art
- Power delivery. Above 4000rpm she pulls strong even in six gear. No need for changing down to overtake
- Panniers. Very handy for the quick dash to the shops and you CAN cram a lot of stuff into them for those long rides
- Quick shifter and Auto Blip. I LOVE accelerating at full tilt using the quickshifter and it makes me beleive I'm Leon Camier or Cluzel.
- Twisties. Took her for a week's outing to the mountain passes and had to adapt a bit fom my Ducati V-Twin riding style to using the gearbox properly on the MV. She absolutely soaked in everything I demanded from her
- Touring Capability. Took the girlfriend on a week tour doing 2000kms. My cruising speed was about 150 - 160 km/h and she just purred on at those speeds

Dislikes;
- Tall. I'm a bit of a short ass and had to drop the front forks about 25mm for my feet to reach the ground in a safe manner
- Low speed vibration. I don't like the vibration at low speeds in 1st or 2nd gear. Sounds like engine is gonna fall apart any moment now. Above 4000rpm motor smooths out and wants to keep revving
- Engine heat. Engine gets hot in traffic and heat blows on your legs quite a bit. Ok our temperatures here in sunny SA (30 to 40 degrees c) is a huge contributing factor
- Numb hands and sore ass. After about 50kms of riding both my hands go completely numb . I've tried different riding positions - more forward, more backwards, keep fingers on clutch and brake lever, grip handles very lighty - but numbness comes back everytime

Why did MV design the seat with that lump between the rider and passenger? Poor girl slides forward and connects bump and spoil my evenings...

Do the fitment of an aftermarket exhaust void warranty? My bike is so quiet and I'm now known as the McDonalds delivery bike at work!! Not cool!

The above is not a critisism of the bike as I can mention so many issues on my 916 as well but loves her to bits. The same love is happening with the MV.

I wrote those dislikes as I'm hoping some members could add some tips to help me to overcome them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 AM

New Site Garage
Hi and welcome along,

I too have a Stradale, owned it a little over a week now, traded in my Brutale 800 for it. Not had much chance to open it up yet as I'm taking it easy until it's at least covered a couple hundred miles

How tall (short) are you? I'm 5'8" and I can touch the ground on toes with both feet, if I leave one foot on the peg I can stand flat foot on the floor with the other foot which is comfortable in traffic. I shall see how I get on with it as it is before I think about lowering it.

I certainly have to think a little more about stopping, like if I'm on a hill, get it into first then put left leg down so I can still hold rear brake etc, also leave the bike on its stand when getting on especially if the panniers are attached and then raise once your on board helps.

There are lowering links available for the rear shock to drop it a bit, my MV dealer said they have 3 options 20/30/40mm. There is also a 20mm lower seat available from MV. They also make a sports seat which appears to do away with the hump in the standard and lower seat options, that might be more comfortable, some switch to a Rivale seat to get rid of the hump but I've heard it's not as comfortable?

I've not had any of the numbness issues you've suffered, was out on it for 3/4hrs on the weekend and it was fine although the seat hump does limit your movement in the seat, good if a pillion is on board I suppose, I just had to stand up on the pegs for a few seconds just to stretch the muscles a bit and it was fine.

Looking forward to a few longer jaunts in the summer with the Mrs on the back and panniers full for some days/overnights away

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:23 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Fritz, thanks for the effort mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:57 AM

I was getting really sore wrists, fitted oxford adventure hotgrips, which are bigger diameter than stock and grippier pattern. sorted the problem for me
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM
I've been riding my new 2015 Stradale for a couple of weeks now. I'm about 5 foot 10 inches and can almost put my feet down completely flat. No problem leaning on my left foot at stoplights with my right on the rear brake pedal.

The heat coming off the engine is a bit bothersome, but no worse than my last bike, a BMW F700GS. The Stradale fan seems to come on sooner than on my GS and accentuates the problem. I'll miss the heated grips that the GS had, but noticed that the engine heat from the Stradale seems to waft up over my left hand - a definite bonus in cooler weather.

There is quite a racket from the engine as you take off in first gear, but it disappears quickly enough as you move up using the epic quickshifter. The vibration down low is no worse than my old GS and the MV mill is super smooth up top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode