Ducati guy looking for some advice! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Ducati guy looking for some advice!

Hello

Brand new to this forum but have been trolling around for a bit. An accident took my Multi 1200S a few months ago and I am now searching for a replacement bike and have an interest in MV. Love the looks of the Rivale but my 6 foot 190 frame may be a better fit on the Stradale. Not looking to tour much mostly town riding and the occasional overnighter. The only styling issue I have with the Stradale is the windscreen. Will the Rivale screen fit or is there an aftermarket piece that is smaller and more in line with the front cowl style wise? Unfortunately, the dealer closest to me only has a Rivale left over so can't answer this question myself. Thanks in advance and would welcome any experienced opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Welcome bc......enjoy yourself here.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:47 AM

I rode a 2015 Rivale a couple Saturdays ago and it felt easy enough for my 6'2" 175 pound frame. It was bigger than I want on a personal level, but easily manageable and Very nice. The color display is something I will definitely wish my (soon to be) Stradale had. However, I'm going with the Stradale for its smaller size, which is going to come in handy in my parking spot as well as the tight streets around here. I also love the integrated bags, even though they're not very big, and absolutely love the bright big lights on them. Hopefully it'll help me become a little less invisible on my commute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info RD. What do you mean that the Rivale felt "bigger" Are they not dimensionally the same more or less? I know the Stradale chassis has been stretched a bit over the Rivale. I wasn't a fan of the seat on either and think I would probably have to reshape it regardless of which one I choose. On both I felt like I wanted to sit exactly where the hump is on the Stradale.

The Rivale's that are left over are all 2014's so have the smaller fuel tank. I have read about retrofitting the 2015 for some more range and was wondering if MV offers any programs to make this swap more affordable?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 AM

Crap, I screwed up my Italian.. meant to say Turismo, not Rivale, sorry about that. The Turismo is definitely bigger than the Stradale and I rode the Lusso with the bags and figured they'd be well kicked after a few months of getting onboard. The Rivale looks about Stradale size, but it's a little too naked for what I'm looking for.
Sorry again for the confusion.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:54 PM

I'd say the Veloce Turismo is the bike to buy.. I realize its more money, which probably explains why it has the look/feel of a nicer bike.. but it seems like its in a different league..

lol, just read your "Stradale NOT Rivale" correction(and subsequently deleted my less than flattering comments regarding the Rivale).. either way, I still vote VT, regardless of the "windscreen" preferences. Really did like that bike. A Lot.

Last edited by drunkentrader; 12-10-2015 at 09:58 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

My local dealer has one on the road now but I missed seeing it in person before the owner picked it up. They were all very impressed there with the Lusso. Honestly, if I was going to stay in that category I would get back on a Multi. That was an awesome machine but I would stick with a 2010-12S with the Ohlins suspension. Mid January is the bike show in Vancouver so will check out the TV then. There seem to be lots of new 2014 Rivales around and it appears they didn't fly off the shelf so I am hoping for a great price on a 2014.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode