my new rivale - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By rippa55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

my new rivale

Took my Rivale to Spain. Don't let anyone tell you cant tour on one of these, just had to make a few extra fuel stops!!!
Attached Images

falcn and Bape47 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 PM

New Site Garage
Exactly! Got 82 miles on my last tank before the low fuel light came on, and then rode for another 17 miles before filling up.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 05:06 PM

I get ~105 miles (or more) before the light with the new tank.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 05:49 PM

New Site Garage
Yeah X. But my Rivale doesn't look like a pregnant whale.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 PM

Most of the people I ride with comment on how much better it looks now, but *shrugs* it looks great riding by the gas station.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

ha ha ha, now now!! i get 30 miles with the light on, i ran it until it ran out, so don't panic when your light does come on, on the beautiful, slim non pregnant lady like tank!! And lets be honest, some people love the look of pregnant ladies!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 07:28 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Most of the people I ride with comment on how much better it looks now...
Yeah, they're just sucking up so you'll let them take it for a ride.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 07:58 PM

fuel tank capacity rivale

Yeah I have only had my Rivale for little over 2 weeks, so I'm still doing a mileage and fuel distance check.
The side stand angle is reducing the amount of fuel I can load the tank with. I figure its only holding 11 litres.
I'm assuming the reserve has about 4 litres in it based on what I have read here and my calculations of about 15 km's per litre.
Keep blasting the tar matt.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:20 PM

New Site Garage
When you fuel up, sit on the bike and stand it straight up. You can get a little more in the tank that way.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Thank Kevin,

I'll try that next time. It hasn't been a mileage issue here, but with Spring in the air and the weather getting better it might.
Rippa5's observation of getting 30 miles (approx 48.3km's) on the reserve fuel tank should get me to the closest petrol station as long as I stick too the hill riding courses.
We are lucky here down under in Adelaide that the hills are so close too the city.

Took the Rivale too the ASTRO (Alternative Science Technical Research Org) today and this sparked alot of interest and old biker stories from the senior members. Apart from that the usual Inventions. A review of the new anti-gravity devices being worked on from Russia and copied here and a lecture of the benefits of CBD (Canaboid hemp compounds ).

I think I have the suspension where I want it now. Not to soft because I want to avoid any suspension issues when rounding the corners.
I'm hardly using the clutch now, instead working the quickshift up and down. A little bit of gaffer tape has stopped the clutch lever adjustment moving when in motion. Still in NORMAL mode.

What effect is the TC (Traction Control) having over the throttle response? I still haven't tried the TC set off yet.

Ride aware and survive.
Allan Adelaide.

past bikes
2x GSX 250 (1981) Suzuki
GN 250 x2 Suzuki
CB 250 Honda
Current bikes
Norton Commander 1975
FZ 600 Fazer 2005 Yamaha
V7 II Racer Moto Guzzi 2016
Sport 1200 Moto Guzzi 2012
MV Agusta Rivale 800 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode