Just got my Rivale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Just got my Rivale

Well a few months back now, though i'd say hi love it when its not trying to kill me.....
Just put it through the first service and had it adjusted slightly as it was cutting out on down shifts. Love its looks, getting use to the tank range but need to change the mirrors as filtering in London traffic is a bitch.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:00 AM

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Just booked mine in for its 600 mile service. The mirrors are too wide for urban filtering but are more useable that the mirrors on my Aprilia RSV.
Looking at your number plate I'm assuming that you also bought your bike from Ed Cosker at Bromyard?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Yeah couldn't ignore that kind of deal on a brand new bike from Ed.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Nice bike, are you happy with it ,, any pros or cons, looking to maybe get one myself and interested to hear other riders experiences.
cheers
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Overall I love it, its a little impractical over long distances....ok very impractical but if you are looking to do big miles this isn't the bike for that. Its fuel tank is only 13L, I have managed 85 miles on a tank and that was a close call as I nearly ran out, the reserve is only around 10 - 15 miles and with no fuel gauge its tricky to plan fuel stops in area you don't know. Riding position is very upright so on a long high speed run the wind gets annoying, gusts can really affect you as you are acting like a sail!

I had an issue with the bike dying when changing down on occasion but this should have bit sorted with a little adjustment in its last service.

I am 6ft & 14 stone and have no issues with both feet being flat to the floor, factory suspension settings were a little firm for me.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 05:22 PM

Interesting you had stalls as well. MV never synced the throttles right from the factory so most of them are like that. I did my own work but it was a lot of work. I hope your mechanics know what they are doing. If they don't, it will be way worse. There's no way to raise the idol since that is computer controlled. Also as long as your bike is in for service, have them check to make sure the latest ignition map is downloaded to it.

Happy Riding!
Robb
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Seems a lot better now, it had the latest map already loaded but whatever adjustments were made seems to have done the trick.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Did the trick for around 150 miles now it is back and worse than before.....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 11:29 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRivale View Post
I had an issue with the bike dying when changing down on occasion but this should have bit sorted with a little adjustment in its last service.
Quote:
Seems a lot better now, it had the latest map already loaded but whatever adjustments were made seems to have done the trick.
Quote:
Did the trick for around 150 miles now it is back and worse than before.....
If you search for 'stalling' you'll find many of us who got "the latest" map update, only to discover that the stalling issue wasn't resolved by it. A throttle body sync is the remedy to the stalling issue. It seems that most dealers just want to tell you that new maps will solve anything, and are reticent to do the throttle body sync as it requires more effort, and is such "old school" tech.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode