New Rivale and MV owner - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

New Rivale and MV owner

hey y'all, thought i'd join the forum and post up my experience so far, and share some thoughts, as well as ask some questions.

My brother (Suryad) is on the forum, he owns a f41000 Senna - recommended I check out this place.

I got the rivale on a whim! I was looking to find a bike to fit my riding niche..I have a track only 2013 S1000RR, 2009 KLR650 for adventure rides/long hauls/light to moderate dirt rides.

I needed something zippy, fun, and exciting for quick rips. I was actually looking at the new Tuono (rode my bro's RSV4 APRC) and was very impressed. Didn't like the look of the Tuono too much despite the high tech gadgetry.

Looked over at the MV part of the dealership and boy was I impressed w the Rivale (and the new lineup). Read about the ride by wire mapping issues but also read the Rivale doesn't have these issues.

Anyway, picked it up and my thoughts!

What a great, great, motor! And this is from someone who is spoiled by a S1000RR engine. I've loved MV's motor and transmission. I've spent a lot of miles on a Senna and the feeling I get is that the MV motor /tranny combo are probably one of the best out there.

Engine noise.. i thought triumph triples sounded good, until I rode this thing. Wow, Triumph triple wail sounds lame compared to the MV now.

Dash, ergonomics are fantastic. It's probably the most comfortable bike i've ridden.

Front takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, its telepathic handling. The bike can be as stable or unstable as you want it.

I'm guessing it doesn't have a slipper clutch, which is fine, more fun to back it in!

I feel the throttle is a little fidgety, but controllable. Not an issue to me but I do wonder if theres a new map out? Any recommended dealers in the bay area/sacramento?

Heres a pic from a few days ago, picking it up!

Hope to learn a lot from you guys here.
falcn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 11:00 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum and the MV family Sashi.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 01:48 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome along, I loved the Rivale, just a little too tall for me though. As for the throttle, try setting up a custom map, set everything to sport/race except the throttle sensitivity, I find that makes things smoother on my Brutale

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
I feel the throttle is a little fidgety, but controllable. Not an issue to me but I do wonder if there's a new map out?
Congrats Sashi. The throttle is pretty sensitive in Sport mode, less so in Normal mode. As far as new maps, as part of the delivery process, your dealer should have installed any new map available.

Enjoy!

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome!

2 questions so far. How do I go about changing the KPH to MPH?

And should I put the mapping on custom, and then tune the parameters from there? Does the bike need to be on for this?
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:28 PM

New Site Garage
Not sure if this process for going from KPH to MPH applies to the Rivale, but: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23310 If that doesn't work, there may be instructions in the owner's manual.

The fact that your dealer didn't set it for MPH is a bit disconcerting. So, maybe they didn't check to see if there were any new maps available for your bike.

As far as the Custom map, have not played with it. My Rivale was delivered in Sport Map and Traction Control level 4. I never changed it for the first 600 miles, and then I only tried out Normal to see what differences there were.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:55 PM

New Site Garage
New Rivale and MV owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post

And should I put the mapping on custom, and then tune the parameters from there? Does the bike need to be on for this?

Give it a go, you'll have to get the manual out for the process required, there's no way I could advise from memory, it's like reading War & Peace

Have a look at this thread, assuming options are the same on the Rivale?
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55928

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!

Last edited by Ackers; 09-15-2014 at 01:01 PM.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Nice! Having the dealer check up the km to mph code, i'll post here once i find out. Also finding out about updated maps.

BTW, are there any exhaust options out for the rivale, especially the one where it deletes that big boombox thing. That thing is quite unsightly, probably the ugliest thing on the bike!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

New Site Garage
Well ... since you asked.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=49

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2224

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Thats slick italia.. how do yoy like the noise? Btw are you guys using the 2 max min notches on the oil sight glass? Or the dip stick clutch cover cap?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode