Screws missing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Screws missing

Could someone kindly send me some close up photos of the inside of the front indicators? I think I am missing some screws on the inside of the indicator guards. I want to compare it with someone else's rivale. Sorry for the strange request but I am getting the first rivale in the country and the dealer is not that great. Just to confirm, the screws that you see when looking at the indicator but from the inside of the brake lever. Thanks in advance to who ever send me pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 02:56 PM

New Site Garage
Fadel, I can't get a good picture of it with my phone, but if you can circle which screw/hole you are referring to, I can look to see if mine has a screw there.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you Kevin for the quick response.
I can see that top right one is missing on mine.
Are your screws black or silver? The ones that go around the edge of the black casing. There is also one screw that attaches the indicators the the handle bar. Is this black or silver? Mine is black but I don't think it's the original screw because it doesn't seem secure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 06:49 AM

New Site Garage
Mine are black. I have found a bolt/screw or two on the bike that weren't tight. I've got to get my torque wrench re-calibrated as its 20 years old, but never assume that everything is correct from the factory.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

hey Kevin,

i took a photo of the screw i am talking about. i circled it in yellow. this is the screw which seems not secure enough, But i just found out that there was a paper with instructions on how to align the mirrors/indicators which they cant find any more! I looked at the indicators and they don't seem to be aligned properly. I can do it myself but i am trying to find those instructions. Also notice the picture with the cable hanging out. is it supposed to be like that? looks really ugly. how does yours look like? And finally look at the clutch lever, its nearly hitting the inside of the plastic casing of the indicators. That's why I think these mirrors are he not installed properly. Anyone who has these instructions to align the mirrors/indicators would be much appreciated.
Attached Images

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 01:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Fadel, just for what it's worth...Kevin has always had a screw or two loose!

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 06:11 PM

New Site Garage
OK Fadel. Here goes.

The screw you circled in yellow is tight on my bike.

The cables that you show hanging loose are wrapped with a 'black rubber band with a button closure' on my bike, so they are not dangling. It appears that the 'black rubber band with a button closure' is wrapped around one of the cables in your picture, so it needs to be un-buttoned and wrapped around both cables after they are tucked/folded into the space in the hand guard.

On my clutch lever, the ball at the end of the lever is 7mm from touching the inside of the hand guard, but cannot be pushed to make contact with it.

Not sure how many of the issues you are seeing are dealer set-up, but you should be able to tighten up screws, and tidy up the cables. And then ride it like you stole it!!

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 06:11 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Fadel, just for what it's worth...Kevin has always had a screw or two loose!

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Nice one Kevin

I am expecting to pick it up this Saturday. Will let you know how it goes.

BTW. Is it normal to go to the dealers every day to check out the bike? :-|

Iam literally there every day for the past month checking on the bike!

Just wondering if this behaviour is normal!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode