MV Agusta Forum banner

Power commander problem

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SCRINCH3R 
#1 ·
Hi

Can anyone help?
I took the 312r to get a custom map done tonight and there were a couple of issues.
1. The rev signal from the PC didn't match the revs on the bike or the dyno by 50%

2. Does an O2 eliminator need fitting to enable the bottom 20% of the mapping to be configured.

It's a PC3 713-410 and the bike is an 09. There was a problem with the 08/09 models due to the polarity being mixed up on the injector connections but this one is fine and the PC is working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Russ

#2 ·
DJ can give you a fix for the 50% rpm, the PC3 you have is for a F41000S which injects every revolution, your 312R has sequential injection which injects every 'other' revolution, hence the 50% pm reading, I needed to do this when I moved my PC3 from a 1000S to a 1000R.

Not 100% sure about the lower 20%, but again DJ should be able to help, best to email the USA as the UK are probably in the IOM

#6 ·
DJ can give you a fix for the 50% rpm, the PC3 you have is for a F41000S which injects every revolution, your 312R has sequential injection which injects every 'other' revolution, hence the 50% pm reading, I needed to do this when I moved my PC3 from a 1000S to a 1000R.

Not 100% sure about the lower 20%, but again DJ should be able to help, best to email the USA as the UK are probably in the IOM
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Nice list of bikes from your past and present. :mouthwate

And the 'about 40 others' comment....yes, I have 28 now and I need to simplify my life.

#3 ·
2. Does an O2 eliminator need fitting to enable the bottom 20% of the mapping to be configured.
I don't have a Power Commander fitted to my 312R but I recall reading that an O2 eliminator is not compatible with the Euro 3 F4 (which would include the 2009 312R).

To quote Ed Eskew:

You can't just plug in a resistor to trick the ECU with flat lambda signal either (that's why the DynoJet o2 eliminator won't work on Euro 3 Ducati and MV among others, so you can't use the PCIII).

The ECU looks for a varying signal (which is what it sees with proper working o2 sensor) and triggers a fault/fail safe mode if it doesn't see that. There are o2 sensor simulators available from the hot-rod tuners that send a sine wave signal to the ECU. I bought one to test, but got a race ECU before I got around to it. About $50.

I hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.