MV Agusta Forum banner

mirrors legal or not in QLD

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DLO01 
#1 ·
OK Guys, got pulled over today by a motobike cop,now he reckons my bar end crg mirrors are illegal ,I have the curved triangler looking ones,honestly i have tried looking it up online ,what a load of crap.

Could not find shit,anyone on here no the laws in queensland,He did not book me,as I was a nice boy to him.He was saying that they had to be 120mm long and some other crap,but then i told him mine where curved and gave great viewing over the crappy mv mirrors. your thoughts?:bandit::bandit::bandit:

cheers eddy

#6 ·
Did he discuss it with you Eddy? As far as I know, most of the nice aftermarket mirrors are too small. There is a ADR standard relating to the square cms of area. Ozzy got pinged with Rizoma/Triumph barend mirrors for this reason.
Apart from that, they can ping you for 'having a dangerous modification'. Very grey area and open to the popo's interpretation, originally it was aimed at spikes and crap like that, but has been used for carbon fibre bonnets. Beats me why they don't ping bullbars on 4WD's.

#9 · (Edited)
Australian Design Rule (ADR) No. 14 – Rear Vision Mirrors

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L02663

If you can work out the general dimensions needed, let me know.:ahhh:

Whoever designs these rules should also realise that in some cases - ie. with the CRG Arrows and many other mirrors - they provide FAR BETTER rear view than the stock mirrors.:wtf:

Most riders replace their mirrors so they CAN see better.

With the stock mirrors, you see your elbows and partial views (40-60% ?) of the cars behind you.

With the CRG's you actually see 95% of the cars behind you !

It would be very interesting for someone (Eddypro??:naughty:) to challenge this in court.

If you can prove your mirrors allow better visibility than the stock mirrors, then surely this is the safer and better option ???
What a totally pathetic Australian Design Rule ! :nutkick::thewife:

Also, the Dealers / Retailers / Manufacturers should state that these mirrors are illegal (especially in Australia), so you do not 'waste' your money trying to be safe.:banghead: :wtf: :bash: :jerkoff:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.