11Likes
  • 7 Post By jtrucker
  • 1 Post By SAROY
  • 2 Post By SAROY
  • 1 Post By SAROY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Breakdown/help Scotland

Hi if ever in the far north of Scotland (near John o groats) secure garage beer and transport available.
esq'z me, bogie, Fredzedex and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrucker View Post
Hi if ever in the far north of Scotland (near John o groats) secure garage beer and transport available.
Sounds great. I might ride up there just to break down!!

Bonus for you because 'You meet the nicest people on a Honda'!!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

no problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrucker View Post

You must know a few people from Thurso then?
I used to know and work with a few good lads from Thurso when working on the Claymore (Total) and Captain (Chevron) platforms.
nice location and nice roads.
john likes this.

Presently looking for an F4 to join collection, ideally a F4 1078
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:18 AM
I need to get up there soon. Everyone seems to be doing the North coast 500 these days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:07 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
I need to get up there soon. Everyone seems to be doing the North coast 500 these days.
no John, there are far better hidden secrets, you are spot on EVERYONE is doing North coast 500, including camper vans, motor homes and caravan drivers, the roads become hectic, but there are a vast number of not so well known roads that are every bikers dream.
It is also Midge and Tick time again in bonny Scotland, bur any time you need accommodation just gives a shout.
john and nigelrb like this.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:17 AM
I've still got the Ben (Nevis) to tick off my list. Some people are known to have done the 3 peaks in 24 hours. I'm just trying to get the last one (BN) done before its 24 years since I did the first one (Snowden). !! I was hoping to have it done by this time of year to avoid the midges but my friend can't get time off until July, but we will be coming up your way then.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
I've still got the Ben (Nevis) to tick off my list. Some people are known to have done the 3 peaks in 24 hours. I'm just trying to get the last one (BN) done before its 24 years since I did the first one (Snowden). !! I was hoping to have it done by this time of year to avoid the midges but my friend can't get time off until July, but we will be coming up your way then.
John as always, if you and your mates looking for a place to stop off, or even just stretch those restless feet, feel free to stop in, even the new Caucasian Mountain Dog pup will be happy to see you, he is now 8 months and 70kg, and has learned to howl along with our Malamutes
john likes this.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
no John, there are far better hidden secrets . . .
True, and one is that John has a garage to finish before enrolling in leisure activities.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode