Global Points of Interest for MV Agusta Dealers - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 12:05 PM

New Site Garage
@Bumpkin,

In "Where to go" section, there is a Plus icon to add a personalized search. Unfortunately, I can't search thru the custom POI there, not sure why (maybe it is because I have another set of POI for speed traps and dangerous zones)… If you have any suggestion, feel free to chime in.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Used to have a better handle on the Zumo 660 and it's inner workings. The OS for the 590, and Garmins of the same era, is different. I just haven't had the time, or for that matter the inclination, to dig around further TBH.

Looking at my 590 I can see the MV dealers under 'Where To' > 'Categories' > 'Custom POIs'.

I do seem to recall setting up the POIs in folders before using POI Loader gave the desired result on the Zumo 660. Maybe worth a try?

EDIT: have a look here.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 04-26-2018 at 04:10 PM.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 04:16 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks,

I'll have a look into this. (but likely next monday

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
New website for MV Agusta and a new dealer locator. I can see the data but I will need to put some work into a means to parse that into a usable format.

Chas
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I can confirm that the folder method combined with POI loader to create the GPI file works on my 590.

Also pressing and holding the 'Custom POIs' magnifying glass logo in the 'Where To?' page makes it possible to drag it to the top of page so that it's immediately accessible rather than having to scroll down. With the GPI file created using the POI Loader folder method clicking on this now shows further options based on the folder names. Intelligently any of these folders that had multiple POI files within there are sub menus for each with the individual POIs inside those. If there's only one POI file in the folder, as I have for the MV Agusta Dealers one, then you go straight to the list of dealers in order of proximity. This all sounds more complicated that it is, I'll try and do a short video over the weekend.

That's good enough for me, not going to delve any further, time is too precious...

Chas
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 09:26 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
I can confirm that the folder method combined with POI loader to create the GPI file works on my 590.

Also pressing and holding the 'Custom POIs' magnifying glass logo in the 'Where To?' page makes it possible to drag it to the top of page so that it's immediately accessible rather than having to scroll down. With the GPI file created using the POI Loader folder method clicking on this now shows further options based on the folder names. Intelligently any of these folders that had multiple POI files within there are sub menus for each with the individual POIs inside those. If there's only one POI file in the folder, as I have for the MV Agusta Dealers one, then you go straight to the list of dealers in order of proximity. This all sounds more complicated that it is, I'll try and do a short video over the weekend.

That's good enough for me, not going to delve any further, time is too precious...
I have the same, however no way to create a button corresponding to a custom POI category search...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:02 AM

New Site Garage
Hi,

Received from MV a list of official dealers. Unfortunately, it has no GPS coordinates information. I still attach the file here as it could be useful for everyone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MVAgusta DEALER LIST.zip (79.2 KB, 5 views)

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode